Ear tags, frowny face

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
bball
GURU
GURU

Re: Ear tags, frowny face

Postby bball » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 am

callmefence wrote:We have very little problems with ear tags. I use the large all flex tags through the center of the ear. They don't hang down to low and get pulled out. We use a welders paint marker to write. There's tags out there 6-7 years old I can still read my phone# on.

I was looking to get a few welders paint markers online..you have a brand you prefer? And what color you using..seems like silver is the popular choice on amazon..thanks for the info
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 am

bball wrote:
callmefence wrote:We have very little problems with ear tags. I use the large all flex tags through the center of the ear. They don't hang down to low and get pulled out. We use a welders paint marker to write. There's tags out there 6-7 years old I can still read my phone# on.

I was looking to get a few welders paint markers online..you have a brand you prefer? And what color you using..seems like silver is the popular choice on amazon..thanks for the info

Hobart and Lincoln also make good markers. I'm not so sure there's any difference in a tag marker and a permanent welders paint marker. Except price. We pay about 5 bucks in the welding supply store. 10 bucks in the feed store for a ear tag marker.
I use these. We but them by the box.

https://www.forneyind.com/products/shop ... nt-markers
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 am

Yall saw the shape of the tag didn't you? They are all curled up and crusted over.....We have some tags that have lasted years and at least you can hold it up to the light and see what number was on it. But not these crusted tags. We've never had this happen before. Use to, we'd just have to replace a lost tag. First time ever to have to replace 90%....We remarked in the spring, a month later I could not read a single tag....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”