Got your Flu shot yet?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Got your Flu shot yet?

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:52 pm

I had a doctor friend who I don't use say this... If you have some thing else that weakens your ability to fight the flu get it... If your healthy and don't have any reason to... don't.

I took that as don't and have never got one. I'm not against doctors but I find the less I go to them the less sick I get.

My cure for most ailments in a good swig of Nyquil, sleep, and lots of water.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:My mom took it and got the flu every year. I have never taken it and don’t get the flu.
Just seems to me from all the people I know that get it are playing Russian roulette.

He// CB your body would outright reject influenza. :lol2:

But all joking aside, lost a good friend about 4 years ago. Came down with the flu. Decided to just lay it out at home...found him dead a few days later just laying in his bed. He was a strong middle age man too.

I might get it tomorrow.
I just don’t get sick like that never had any of the childhood diseases either.
I think I had every one....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 am

Brute 23 wrote:I had a doctor friend who I don't use say this... If you have some thing else that weakens your ability to fight the flu get it... If your healthy and don't have any reason to... don't.

My doc never made a big deal out of it till this congestive heart failure crap started
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:05 am

1 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:11 am

Brute 23 wrote:I had a doctor friend who I don't use say this... If you have some thing else that weakens your ability to fight the flu get it... If your healthy and don't have any reason to... don't.

I took that as don't and have never got one. I'm not against doctors but I find the less I go to them the less sick I get.

Cure for the flu is two BC headache powders and a red bull. And get your azz to work. Works everytime. No way I'm laying out of work to be sick. If im not going to work I wanna feel good and enjoy it.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:14 am

greybeard wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
I thought you were a big, tough guy.... :lol2:

I've never said anything like that. :?:
I can handle a little flu though. :D

Come visit. I've had it for a week now but i'll be happy to give it to you because I've always been of the opinion the only way I can get rid of it is to give it to someone else. Works every time.
(you can thank me later, and yes, I had the flu shot)

That's just bad luck friend.
Just think how much better next years gotta be. :D
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 am

I've had the flu twice...it was horrible. Didn't eat for over a week, threw up anything I tried to eat, threw my back out both times coughing. I was pregnant one of those times, so when I could barely move husband took me to my doctor. He just said try to drink.....but the worst of it all was I lost no weight...no food for a week and I weighed the same......ugh
I do not get flu shots.. I don't get around large groups of people anymore so my exposure is limited...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:52 am

I haven't been to a doctor for over 20 years. I did go to the minor ER for stitches, and I did have to get a root canal, but as far as going to one to 'make' sure i'm healthy I don't do it. No mammograms, no papsmears, not doing it. I can take care of myself. My MIL was a doctor junkie...went for any tiny thing. ANd like the women of her generation who had their uteruses yanked out and then put on massive doses of hormones to make them feel like women then end up with breast cancer.... Nope, not gonna walk on that path.. Not only did she get cancer, but also Hep C from some thing done while making sure going for checkups to keep you healthy.
1 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:01 am

That is funny :lol:

0 x

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Postby ChrisB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:17 pm

I am finally able to take a 2 week trip to Hawaii and with my luck I would pick up the flu on the way down there. So I'm getting one just to be on the safe side.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:48 pm

ChrisB wrote:I am finally able to take a 2 week trip to Hawaii and with my luck I would pick up the flu on the way down there. So I'm getting one just to be on the safe side.

If I were getting on a plane for any amount of time i'd get one for that..specially during flu season..
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:00 pm

flu shots are not a good idea for so many reasons I would bore you in the telling. Just build your immune system up with food grandma used to serve like farm eggs (high in sulfur which moves through your body killing viruses and bacteria) could include in that group anything high in sulfur like olive oil, guacamole, well water, raw milk, etc. All help raise vitamin d levels if you include zinc.

Ever since they put aborted baby tissue in vaccines there have been multiple problems. The doctor who helped develop the vaccine came forward as a whistle blower.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Highpoint wrote:flu shots are not a good idea for so many reasons I would bore you in the telling. Just build your immune system up with food grandma used to serve like farm eggs (high in sulfur which moves through your body killing viruses and bacteria) could include in that group anything high in sulfur like olive oil, guacamole, well water, raw milk, etc. All help raise vitamin d levels if you include zinc.

Ever since they put aborted baby tissue in vaccines there have been multiple problems. The doctor who helped develop the vaccine came forward as a whistle blower.

Interesting, a few years ago, we had Sirloin/MedicineWoman/NCLiz here vilifying sulfur in post after post as the curse and bane of mankind's existence and seed of satan and now we have you, their antithesis and evidently, the anointed Sulfur Pimp, declaring it analogous to the 2nd coming of Christ hizself.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:29 am

Seems to me the flu shoot is just a money making scheme. Everyone is trying to sell you one so there must be some good money made by selling them.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:53 am

pricefarm wrote:Seems to me the flu shoot is just a money making scheme. Everyone is trying to sell you one so there must be some good money made by selling them.

It's easy $ too. Medicare and many/most health insurance plans push it and pay 100% of it. Cheaper for the plans to pay for one shot than to pay for Dr visits and medication for 2 weeks.
Of course, that is only an accurate assessment if you don't get the flu anyway..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”