Border Wall Prototypes

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Border Wall Prototypes

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 am

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
greybeard wrote:'see something..say something..get paid for it.'

My thought was to go further than "seeing". Experiment with what a human might devise to circumvent it. Lots of the comments above express skepticism as to whether it will stop a motivated "would be illegal alien" from getting to the other side. If a stretch say 300 feet long in say 5 proposed locations were tested, it might save a lot of money in building something that will not meet it's objectives.

Went right over your head.
I was talking about bounties. Pay bounty for catching them crossing the border and you won't need a wall.

You been watching reruns of Wanted Dead or Alive.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:02 am

no, but I know $$ gets more results than 'patriotism'.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:08 pm

The drugs and criminals I don't know about. The ones that come here for grunt labor. Get rid of the free money and hand outs. The dead beats would have to go to work and fill those jobs. No work no reason to come here. But I'm sure some of our locals would steal rob etc. instead of working.
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.

The one in Isreal works, it's a combination of fences and walls and has plenty of security.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:33 pm

BK9954 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.

The one in Isreal works, it's a combination of fences and walls and has plenty of security.

But the Israelis don’t mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
BK9954 wrote:

But the Israelis don’t mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.

The point is we should model our borders after theirs. Playing nice with national sovereignty isn't justice to the Nation's citizens. Many people want to see the destruction of Isreal, and us as well. If they can do it, we can and should as well. Isreal knows its important to the survival of their nation, why dont we? It gets old having my State flowing with cartel, smugglers and illegal immigrants. In a time of war could we seal it pretty good? Yes! Of course there will be a few that can find a way but the border should be secured with heavy security detail, walls, technology, fences, coast gaurd, submarines, drones, gaurd towers..... shut it down,
1 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 am

Illegal immigrants are criminals, it's really just that simple. Israel treats illegal immigrants like we treat suspected terrorists in other countries, and the results speak for themselves.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 am

BK9954 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
BK9954 wrote:The one in Isreal works, it's a combination of fences and walls and has plenty of security.

The point is we should model our borders after theirs. Playing nice with national sovereignty isn't justice to the Nation's citizens. Many people want to see the destruction of Isreal, and us as well. If they can do it, we can and should as well. Isreal knows its important to the survival of their nation, why dont we? It gets old having my State flowing with cartel, smugglers and illegal immigrants. In a time of war could we seal it pretty good? Yes! Of course there will be a few that can find a way but the border should be secured with heavy security detail, walls, technology, fences, coast gaurd, submarines, drones, gaurd towers..... shut it down,

So, then, do you shoot people if they come on your land? If they're lost, just walking across your land (which would be weird, but whatever), trying to steal cattle, no matter, you just shoot them? Just pull out the gun, level the scope, and then BAM! lay them out b/c they were on your place?
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 am

littletom wrote:The drugs and criminals I don't know about. The ones that come here for grunt labor. Get rid of the free money and hand outs. The dead beats would have to go to work and fill those jobs. No work no reason to come here. But I'm sure some of our locals would steal rob etc. instead of working.

Well said, but we have to call out the people using them.
Folks beat their chest about immigrants, then turn right around and hire them. Then blame lazy Americans.
It's two separate problems.
This would fix itself if everyone practiced what they preach.
Quit hiring immigrants, quit doing business with those that do.
Ask your contractor , or the local cafe if their employees are legal. Put them on the spot.
. And if you think someone is using them , make the call.
1-866-dhs-2ice
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Illegal immigrants are criminals, it's really just that simple. Israel treats illegal immigrants like we treat suspected terrorists in other countries, and the results speak for themselves.

Israel does whatever it takes to protect their nation. If you don't like it "flick off".

If and when we do build the wall I hope the top of it is like one of those 5 blade Gillette razors and just as sharp.
Last edited by TexasBred on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am

Bestoutwest wrote:

That's fair, I hope I'm wrong, too, but I don't see it. According to the article I found from earlier this week, it is going to cost $15,000,000,000 to build this thing. I'm not sure that we're going to see the reward from spending that kind of money.

There is NO WAY to build an effective wall for that price.
There was an 6 lane bridge built over a river in Vancouver BC, along with some interchanges and new highway for about a 5 mile stretch.. the cost was 2 billion.. you're never making 100's of miles of wall for that price.. and certainly not in the time constraints of 3 years or less.

What could happen is you'll get 100 miles of wall and the money will run out and/or a new administration will kill it, leaving an expensive and useless landmark.
1 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:51 am

Found some other numbers
If the wall is built, it could be an expensive endeavour. Researchers at MIT estimated it could cost between US$27 and $40 billion — far from Trump's estimate of US$8 billion.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm

:compute:
Bestoutwest wrote:
BK9954 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:But the Israelis don’t mess around. They SOS, and will violate sovereignty to assassinate people. We play nicer than that.

So, then, do you shoot people if they come on your land? If they're lost, just walking across your land (which would be weird, but whatever), trying to steal cattle, no matter, you just shoot them? Just pull out the gun, level the scope, and then BAM! lay them out b/c they were on your place?

Don't shoot people on my property just for being on my property, that's a lawsuit and criminal charges waiting to happen. What kind of question is that? The one and only drugged out person that came screaming beating on my door in the middle of the night got held at gunpoint until the sheriff arrived. This isn't about my private property, this is about the border. The comment was about the borders of a Sovereign Nation being protected from invading unauthorized aliens.
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm

callmefence wrote:
littletom wrote:The drugs and criminals I don't know about. The ones that come here for grunt labor. Get rid of the free money and hand outs. The dead beats would have to go to work and fill those jobs. No work no reason to come here. But I'm sure some of our locals would steal rob etc. instead of working.

Well said, but we have to call out the people using them.
Folks beat their chest about immigrants, then turn right around and hire them. Then blame lazy Americans.
It's two separate problems.
This would fix itself if everyone practiced what they preach.
Quit hiring immigrants, quit doing business with those that do.
Ask your contractor , or the local cafe if their employees are legal. Put them on the spot.
. And if you think someone is using them , make the call.
1-866-dhs-2ice

We have very lazy immigrants as well. They are being trained from day 1. They hand out food stamp and welfare applications at the American Consulate down in Mexico!!!!!!! We let them in one the dole!!!!! Legally!!!!
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Anybody who thinks walls don't work just get up turn to the nearest wall and take a run at it..
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”