hearing loss

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
boondocks
GURU
GURU

Re: hearing loss

Postby boondocks » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 am

:shock: I read that there's a company or two lobbying for over-the-counter sales of some devices that would help mild to moderate loss. Maybe it's needed; I think the current costs are insane. My glasses were 600-700 and I about fell over. How many people go around w/o hearing aids due to the cost? I have no issue with a reasonable out-of-pocket cost for them. But the tests and fitting (audiologist's services) ought to be covered by insurance IMHO. Get the device price down to a grand at least, sheesh.

True story: my great-aunt was a good ol' WV mountain girl. A real hoot. Drove her grandson's motorcycle off her farm house's (high) porch at about age 75, hollering over her shoulder "how do you stop this thing?" in her gravelly voice. Accidentally went in the men's rest room and came out asking what the funny things on the wall were. Anyway, as she got older she got a nighttime cough and would keep a lozenge by her bed. Woke up one night in a coughing fit, grabbed in the dark for the lozenge on the nightstand, and crunched down hard. It was in pieces time she realized it was her hearing aid. :shock:
1 x

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Turkeybird » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:42 am

Huh, say what
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 am

Password to the old timber fallers club, Huh?
1 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am

Dave wrote:Password to the old timber fallers club, Huh?

Probably the old catskinners too!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Yea, I have hearing loss thanks to old tractors/equipment guns chainsaws night clubs and my vehicles with 12 sub woofers and amps and such
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:28 pm

http://www.gsmoutdoors.com/walkers/
These work really good and are reasonably priced.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”