Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Associated press reported this week that 4 of the 9 killed at Twin Peaks in Waco were killed by bullets from police rifles.
First trial set for Feb 29 postponed to April 1st. District Attorney Abel Renya asked judge to seal documents from public
disclosure and requested a continuance, according to his motion, analyses of ballistic and dna evidence could take up to a year.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:10 pm

If the black Lives matter folks would just realize it's not the cops against the blacks. The the cops against the general public. We have bikers, ranchers, they have held me at gun point... cops will shoot any one... they don't descriminate based on race.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Lets look at this another way other than cops are just out to kill everyone they see.

1. Biker's meeting at a bar and intelligence tells cops there is going to be trouble.

2. Cops set up just in case their intelligence is true. (He!!, the public would have gone nuts if they hadn't in this case.)

3. Intelligence proves to be true and shooting starts.

4. With just about every shooting I've been around there are stray bullets. Stray bullets which could possibly penetrate into the body of someone not involved, like a passing motorist, or even the wait staff, or Heaven forbid... one of your family members...or do you just not give a shyt?

5. Since the police are paid to protect the public their job was to eliminate the shooting.

6. Lets see... to stop the shooting maybe a Billy club would have been a good option? Or, maybe one of them fancy tasers? He!!, why not get on a loud speaker and use your authority to tell them to stop! (Sure hope someone's wife and kids ain't driving by.)

7. Nope, you do your job and shoot the idiots to stop the spray of bullets cause you know something worse will happen if you don't. Tell you what my experience is (and I betcha every cop out there wishes it could happen) that they could round them up in a safe zone and let those who wish to shoot each other shoot each other, then arrest the last one standing. Safer for the cops and no one dies that doesn't want to run the risk.

In my opinion what those cops did was a public service cause any fool that decides to get involved in something like that deserves what they end up with.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:20 pm

In my opinion what those cops did was a public service cause any fool that decides to get involved in something like that deserves what they end up with.[/quote]

Slick I assume that the cops "snipers" only killed the folks that were actively doing the shooting? Hopefully the bikers that the cops killed had powder residue on the hands. Because a lot of folks ride motorcycles and don't deserve to be killed.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:28 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:In my opinion what those cops did was a public service cause any fool that decides to get involved in something like that deserves what they end up with.

Slick I assume that the cops "snipers" only killed the folks that were actively doing the shooting? Hopefully the bikers that the cops killed had powder residue on the hands. Because a lot of folks ride motorcycles and don't deserve to be killed.[/quote]

Of course... that's why the records need to be sealed. :nod: If there wasn't any thing to hide some one would be taking credit for doing such a good job handling the situation.

Your right, if some thing breaks out and the cops are coming... you better get far far away. If you are even mistaken to be mixed up in it you may be a target. Most of my family would have probably been gunned down in TP that day. They all have long hair, beards, even ride bikes.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:49 am

Dead folks (and sealed records) tell no tales.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

fenceman
GURU
GURU

Postby fenceman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:04 am

My biggest problem with this one wasn't the gunfight. I think slick is pretty much right on that.

My problem is the fact everyone there was charged with the same crime and being held on a million dollar bond.
It appears the police did a fine job in stopping the gunfight with no civilian casualties. Then they botched the whole thing by arresting numerous innocent people. Including some who showed up after the gunfight.
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Slick I assume that the cops "snipers" only killed the folks that were actively doing the shooting? Hopefully the bikers that the cops killed had powder residue on the hands. Because a lot of folks ride motorcycles and don't deserve to be killed.

I have a past of riding bikes and I know this to be very true.

Brute 23 wrote:Of course... that's why the records need to be sealed. :nod: If there wasn't any thing to hide some one would be taking credit for doing such a good job handling the situation.

Your right, if some thing breaks out and the cops are coming... you better get far far away. If you are even mistaken to be mixed up in it you may be a target. Most of my family would have probably been gunned down in TP that day. They all have long hair, beards, even ride bikes.

greybeard wrote:Dead folks (and sealed records) tell no tales.

Forty years ago I might agree with the way y'all are thinking, but them days are pretty much gone, especially in an event like this one. Wouldn't surprise me that the grand jury requested the records sealed while the investigation continued. Those records might be nothing more than indictments until they finish sorting things out. It's nothing more than speculation at this point and the agency/DA/grand jury owes no one anything except to get things right. Like has been said already there's lots of forensic evidence still to be worked.

In a perfect world everyone shot in this case would have powder residue on their hands, but what about the person aiming and hasn't fired...yet? Do you stop that person or wait until there's a flying bullet?

fenceman wrote:My biggest problem with this one wasn't the gunfight. I think slick is pretty much right on that.

My problem is the fact everyone there was charged with the same crime and being held on a million dollar bond.
It appears the police did a fine job in stopping the gunfight with no civilian casualties. Then they botched the whole thing by arresting numerous innocent people. Including some who showed up after the gunfight.

Fenceman, I won't even begin to speculate as to why they took everyone to jail and charged them as I wasn't a part of it. Does seem a little foolish to me because I don't think the charges will stand up on 100% of them with what I've read. My guess is when a magistrate sets that high of a bond they must be thinking there's either a flight risk or the possibility of a continuing course of activity.
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 am

Cops shot and killed a naked 17 yr old black kid in Austin this week...
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:56 am

Slick I would go with you except for the fact that I have actually been through one of these situations. Cop stopped me for a traffic violation, asked if I had and weapons, told him no but I have a couple guns in the truck. He drew his weapon on me and told me to get my hands up. Told me to get out of the vehicle. When I reached for the door handle he started yelling.. keep you hands up and get out of the vehicle. I reached for the door hand... he started yelling keep your hands up and get out of the vehicle. I shouted back how can I get out if I don't put a hand down to open the door. He hollered... do it slowly. :bang: He made me stand at the tailgate of my truck and he took the 4 guns out of my truck. He was pointing one of my own, loaded, pistols at me that I just told him was loaded. I stepped to the side again and told him not to point that loaded gun at me. He said for me to stand still unless I wanted his gun pointed in my face again. I requested more officers because he did not know how to handle guns and did not know what he was doing. He did not get the other officers. He ended up writing me a warning and letting me go. He could have easily shot me right there in the beginning and said I was reaching for a gun or some thing. I would have been just another 30sec news clip, if that. I contacted the sheriff and they pulled the tape. The guy was supposedly put on leave and had to take some training classes or some thing.

Having first hand experience with the stupidity they let carry a badge and a gun. Its hard to give the benefit of the doubt on a lot of this stuff. In all honesty, my heart rate runs up every time I get stopped now. I've had officers ask me why I am so nervous. I tell them the story. I was raised around 2 dps officers and 2 county cops my whole life but that one experienced has changed things for me. Its not logic, I can understand that in my brain, but apparently my brain doesn't control my heart rate.

Son of Butch wrote:Associated press reported this week that 4 of the 9 killed at Twin Peaks in Waco were killed by bullets from police rifles.
First trial set for Feb 29 postponed to April 1st. District Attorney Abel Renya asked judge to seal documents from public
disclosure and requested a continuance,
according to his motion, analyses of ballistic and dna evidence could take up to a year.

Wasn't the grand jury according to this.

Remember the guy standing in his driveway with the gun... on his property... wasn't he like reporting another crime and the cops shot him dead. :shock:
Last edited by Brute 23 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:03 am

Brute 23 wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Associated press reported this week that 4 of the 9 killed at Twin Peaks in Waco were killed by bullets from police rifles.
according to his motion, analyses of ballistic and dna evidence could take up to a year.

If the records were sealed how does the AP know that?
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:11 am

slick4591 wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

If the records were sealed how does the AP know that?

It doesn't say they were sealed... just says he asked them to be
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:46 am

My mistake. They way y'all were bring up the sealed records I figured I must have missed the fact that they actually were sealed. At this point, and unless the rules have changed, there's only a certain amount of information that is public, and I'm sure all that has been released.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:58 am

I believe some documents were sealed, to protect the identity of undercover agents.
I was surprised by the claim of up to a year to do dna and ballistic testing.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Kingfisher wrote:Cops shot and killed a naked 17 yr old black kid in Austin this week...

And?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”