Probably know shortly about 2nd amendment rights...

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Re: Probably know shortly about 2nd amendment rights...

Post by hurleyjd » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:19 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 am
hurleyjd wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 am
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:11 am
Well we did survive Obumbler so we can survive about anything.
I really hope so for the sake of my great grand kids coming along in this world.
That’s the beauty of the system the founders came up with. It’s hard to get the House, Senate and WH on the same page. Hard for them to hurt us as long as their fighting.
We get screwed over every time one party gets control.
There you go showing how you and I think. These same folks in government put a great show on that makes us think there will be blood in the chambers. Then that session is gaveled to a close and they go and glad hand and drink a little and congratulate themselves that they pulled the wool over our eyes. Be okay if they did not cost us money each time.

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Post by HDRider » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:35 am

To add insult to injury

House Bill 1627 was filed by on January 16th.

It reads in part:

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in the jurisdiction in which the communication was made or received or in the City of Richmond if the person subjected to the act is one of the following officials or employees of the Commonwealth: the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Post by ChrisB » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:40 am

kenny thomas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:32 am
I typed a 15 minute response and it all went away when I hit submit.
Redgully I also have enjoyed the discussion. Thank you for your thoughts.
One difference I see here is there will not be a peaceful turn in of guns, buyback or just giving them to the government. Just not going to happen. I can't imaging turning in a gun that my grandfather had owned and there was no records of.
It's so different it's hard to imagine.
I don't think there will be a point where authorities come door to door to confiscate guns for several generations, if ever. But I do think if they did there would be a lot less trouble than people think. Look how much communities rally around law enforcement when an officer is killed while on duty. That is because they usually have family and friends, in those communities. If someone shoots a young father of two who is just trying to do his job, they are not only going to have the entire state law enforcement after them but also most of the community. It's maybe cool to dream about going up against the evil government, but the reality of it would be much different.

There is a fear by the hardline gun rights groups that passing any laws restricting anyone of having any gun will just open the door to further restrictions. If there was a way to remove that threat/fear most of what they like to call "common sense" gun laws would sail right through. But both sides instead try and use fear to change peoples minds.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:34 pm

ChrisB wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:40 am
kenny thomas wrote:
One difference I see here is there will not be a peaceful turn in of guns, buyback or just giving them to the government. Just not going to happen. I can't imaging turning in a gun that my grandfather had owned and there was no records of.
I don't think there will be a point where authorities come door to door to confiscate guns for several generations, if ever. But I do think if they did there would be a lot less trouble than people think. Look how much communities rally around law enforcement when an officer is killed while on duty. That is because they usually have family and friends, in those communities. If someone shoots a young father of two who is just trying to do his job, they are not only going to have the entire state law enforcement after them but also most of the community. It's maybe cool to dream about going up against the evil government, but the reality of it would be much different.

There is a fear by the hardline gun rights groups that passing any laws restricting anyone of having any gun will just open the door to further restrictions. If there was a way to remove that threat/fear most of what they like to call "common sense" gun laws would sail right through. But both sides instead try and use fear to change peoples minds.
Remember Chris, the local law enforcement has said they will not enforce any of the new rules. So any Enforcement will be done by who? I think you would be surprised what could happen if law enforcement come to collect all guns. I see nothing in the current plans for that to happen.
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Jeanne - Simme Valley
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:24 pm

ChrisB - do you own guns?
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ChrisB2
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ChrisB2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:50 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:34 pm
ChrisB wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:

Remember Chris, the local law enforcement has said they will not enforce any of the new rules. So any Enforcement will be done by who? I think you would be surprised what could happen if law enforcement come to collect all guns. I see nothing in the current plans for that to happen.
That's true for many locals. But if not local law enforcement, who? FBI? ATF? National Guard? Army? It's still the same theory. Hopefully we wont find out in our lifetimes how it will transpire.

But the world is changing whether we like it or not. I sometimes wonder how long it will be until all animal agriculture and hunting is banned because the vast majority of people think those activities are barbaric. Crazy to imagine but things will be much different 100 years from now.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:07 pm

ChrisB2 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:50 pm
kenny thomas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:34 pm
ChrisB wrote:

That's true for many locals. But if not local law enforcement, who? FBI? ATF? National Guard? Army? It's still the same theory. Hopefully we wont find out in our lifetimes how it will transpire.

But the world is changing whether we like it or not. I sometimes wonder how long it will be until all animal agriculture and hunting is banned because the vast majority of people think those activities are barbaric. Crazy to imagine but things will be much different 100 years from now.

One true pandemic hit like Spanish Influenza of 1919 hit the major cities and they will be eating cats and dogs.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello from Vermont

where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:05 pm

I thought it but didn’t have the courage to say it ga.prime.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

SmokinM
Rancher
Rancher

Post by SmokinM » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:59 pm

HDRider wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:35 am
To add insult to injury

It reads in part:

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in the jurisdiction in which the communication was made or received or in the City of Richmond if the person subjected to the act is one of the following officials or employees of the Commonwealth: the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.
They can dish it out but they can’t take it. Apparently honest opinions are no longer welcome or allowed. So much for free speech. Another amendment bites the dust. Stellar group we have.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:29 pm

SmokinM wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:59 pm
HDRider wrote:
To add insult to injury

It reads in part:

They can dish it out but they can’t take it. Apparently honest opinions are no longer welcome or allowed. So much for free speech. Another amendment bites the dust. Stellar group we have.

Oh the irony runs deeper one party wants to impeach a POTUS for corruption and elect one actually guilty of the crime.
You can’t make this stuff up any better.
Our politicians are convinced we are morons.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

Philip-TX
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Philip-TX » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 pm

[/quote]

HELLO Veggie Burger & Lab grown meat.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Good point Phillip, seems we are getting very close now
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

JW IN VA
GURU
GURU

Post by JW IN VA » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:40 am

Can't see the media not getting into the fight over the HB 1627. There is always a possibility of someone being elected or appointed they don't like here.
This is an excellent example of trying to defeat the First Amendment.Nothing about it can be twisted to be a public safety issue.
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Post by Ryder » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:29 pm
SmokinM wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:59 pm
HDRider wrote:
To add insult to injury

It reads in part:

Oh the irony runs deeper one party wants to impeach a POTUS for corruption and elect one actually guilty of the crime.
You can’t make this stuff up any better.
Our politicians are convinced we are morons.
Politicians are right. We, with rare exception, are morons.
Who else would keep putting them in office?

"All the world is daft, except me and thee.
And I sometimes wonder about thee".
Ryder

Deo Vindice