What are you eating today?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Ariousig
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:24 am

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Ariousig » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:28 am

Spicy Paneer Biryani and Ice Cream



User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5225
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by alisonb » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 am

A quick afternoon bite...marmalade & strawberry jam sarmie with a tall glass of milk.

Image
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by cowgal604 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 pm

This is probably the best apple pie I have made to date


Image

Image

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5225
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by alisonb » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:52 am

It looks good :D, something I've never tried my hand at mainly cause I have a neighbor that send one around to me now and again. The first couple of bites of a slice are delicious, after that the hair on the back of my neck stands up due to the combination of cinnamon & sweetness.
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5525
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by ga.prime » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm

Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top is greatness.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by cowgal604 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm
Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top is greatness.
I made a pecan the day prior. But didn’t take the best pic. My favourite.



Image

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5525
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by ga.prime » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:54 am

I love pecan pie too. No ice cream on it though.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 527 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by sstterry » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:19 am

Try that Apple Pie in a Cast Iron Skillet but first melt butter and brown sugar in it. Then place your crust and filling and top crust. it is like a gooey caramel coating on the bottom when it comes out.

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5225
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by alisonb » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:55 am

Here's something to try cowgal604 ;-) . If you do try them make sure the syrup is really cold. You'll just have to make a couple of metric conversions...
https://whats4chow.com/2017/01/14/how-t ... an-snacks/



sstterry wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:19 am
Try that Apple Pie in a Cast Iron Skillet but first melt butter and brown sugar in it. Then place your crust and filling and top crust. it is like a gooey caramel coating on the bottom when it comes out.
That does sound 'gooey' but rather nice...I must tell the neighbour :P
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
ccr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:49 am
Location: ne texas
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by ccr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:32 pm

cowgal604 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 pm
ga.prime wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm
Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top is greatness.
I made a pecan the day prior. But didn’t take the best pic. My favourite.



Image
do you weave that crust yourself or buy it like that? looks cool
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by cowgal604 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:32 pm

ccr wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:32 pm
cowgal604 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 pm
ga.prime wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm
Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top is greatness.
I made a pecan the day prior. But didn’t take the best pic. My favourite.



Image
do you weave that crust yourself or buy it like that? looks cool
I braid it like that :). I love fancy food presentation.

User avatar
Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 am
Location: Wet-side Washington St.
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Named'em Tamed'em » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am

Image
Halibut and a salad, no fries :bang:
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by cowgal604 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:57 am

Named'em Tamed'em wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am
Image
Halibut and a salad, no fries :bang:
You cutting carbs?

I ate 8 donuts yesterday. That’s not an exaggeration...

User avatar
Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 am
Location: Wet-side Washington St.
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Named'em Tamed'em » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:44 am

cowgal604 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:57 am
Named'em Tamed'em wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am
Image
Halibut and a salad, no fries :bang:
You cutting carbs?

I ate 8 donuts yesterday. That’s not an exaggeration...

Not intentionally :roll: I made up for the carbs with a few IPA's
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by cowgal604 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:03 am

Named'em Tamed'em wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:44 am
cowgal604 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:57 am
Named'em Tamed'em wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am
Image
Halibut and a salad, no fries :bang:
You cutting carbs?

I ate 8 donuts yesterday. That’s not an exaggeration...

Not intentionally :roll: I made up for the carbs with a few IPA's
Hallelujah to IPA.

I often do low carb and intermittent fasting. Works like a hot be nice.

Post Reply