FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 84 times

FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Few videos of mine













Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Thanks Jo for the suggestion to make this



Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15929
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 1388 times
Been thanked: 1099 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by Nesikep » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:22 pm

It all looks tasty!
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 1012 times
Been thanked: 624 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by sstterry » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:26 pm

When can I expect delivery? :tiphat:

That all really looks good!

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Coming soon :D
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10701
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 914 times
Been thanked: 954 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:34 pm

They look good. Is mine ready?
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:34 pm
They look good. Is mine ready?
Indeed :D
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10701
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 914 times
Been thanked: 954 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:41 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:40 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:34 pm
They look good. Is mine ready?
Indeed :D
I am excited.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
ccr
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:49 am
Location: ne texas
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by ccr » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 pm

partial quote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Few videos of mine
sky would you mind telling us how you prepared/cooked the grilled honey bbq ribs. the way the bones just pulled out-how do you get them to do that?
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19274
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 758 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by greybeard » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 pm

x2--more info requested on the honey bbq ribs...
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Hippie Rancher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: Arizona
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by Hippie Rancher » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 pm

ooooo that bacon...drool!

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 am

ccr wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 pm
partial quote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Few videos of mine
sky would you mind telling us how you prepared/cooked the grilled honey bbq ribs. the way the bones just pulled out-how do you get them to do that?
greybeard wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 pm
x2--more info requested on the honey bbq ribs...
So this is how I do them.... I put a lil smoked paprika on them and sprinkle with some salt.... I don't really use a dry rub because my next step is to put them on a pig cooker where heat is on one side but to get it enough to cook it and char it some usually put it on there about 20 mins 10 on each side then I pull the ribs and coat with honey and my favorite bbq sauce and then wrap them in foil and cook not over direct heat but close heat for20 mins on each side.. if on direct heat due to grill size it flip fairly often the unwrap and check periodically
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 1012 times
Been thanked: 624 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by sstterry » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 am
ccr wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 pm
partial quote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Few videos of mine
sky would you mind telling us how you prepared/cooked the grilled honey bbq ribs. the way the bones just pulled out-how do you get them to do that?
greybeard wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 pm
x2--more info requested on the honey bbq ribs...
So this is how I do them.... I put a lil smoked paprika on them and sprinkle with some salt.... I don't really use a dry rub because my next step is to put them on a pig cooker where heat is on one side but to get it enough to cook it and char it some usually put it on there about 20 mins 10 on each side then I pull the ribs and coat with honey and my favorite bbq sauce and then wrap them in foil and cook not over direct heat but close heat for20 mins on each side.. if on direct heat due to grill size it flip fairly often the unwrap and check periodically
So you are cooking those fall off the bone ribs in 40 minutes of cook time? What temp are you running your cooker?

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:52 pm

sstterry wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm

So you are cooking those fall off the bone ribs in 40 minutes of cook time? What temp are you running your cooker?
Honestly no clue the temp gauge stopped working years ago but if I had to guess maybe 450 - 500 degrees I use firewood ... OAK mostly. The foil holds the temperature in and steams it so its not dry either. I may get some new temperature gauges and let you know for sure.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Hippie Rancher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: Arizona
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: FOR MY FRIEND SSTTERRY

Post by Hippie Rancher » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:54 pm

sstterry wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm
skyhightree1 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 am


So this is how I do them.... I put a lil smoked paprika on them and sprinkle with some salt.... I don't really use a dry rub because my next step is to put them on a pig cooker where heat is on one side but to get it enough to cook it and char it some usually put it on there about 20 mins 10 on each side then I pull the ribs and coat with honey and my favorite bbq sauce and then wrap them in foil and cook not over direct heat but close heat for20 mins on each side.. if on direct heat due to grill size it flip fairly often the unwrap and check periodically
So you are cooking those fall off the bone ribs in 40 minutes of cook time? What temp are you running your cooker?
my math says at least an hour (10 per side = 20, plus 20 per side x 2 = 40, for total of 60) I can oven bake pork ribs to fall-off-bone in 90 minutes or so, bet it is closer to that.

Post Reply