Pork Sausage

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Pork Sausage

Post by hurleyjd » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:30 am

Discovered J. C. Porter brand while looking for sausage without any MSG. Really good I think. Did notice in the last few days that Jimmy Dean has no MSG. MSG makes me have a problem with eyesight and dizziness. What are some of you folks favorite sausage.

What if Martin Luther King jr's dream had come true.

slick4591
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Pork Sausage

Post by slick4591 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:49 am

I grew up eating Owens and even got a job on the kill floor with them in '73. A construction company called me the Friday before starting Monday offering a dollar more per hour so I took that job instead of Owens. Today I have to eat one of the two you mentioned as Owens gives me indigestion. I just buy whichever is on sale.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:06 am

hurleyjd wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:30 am
Discovered J. C. Porter brand while looking for sausage without any MSG. Really good I think. Did notice in the last few days that Jimmy Dean has no MSG. MSG makes me have a problem with eyesight and dizziness. What are some of you folks favorite sausage.
My favorites all the ones I make
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Post by hurleyjd » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:06 am
hurleyjd wrote:
Do you use the intestines of the hog to make ling sausage. My mother cleaned them some how and she made link sausage.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:06 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm
skyhightree1 wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:
Do you use the intestines of the hog to make ling sausage. My mother cleaned them some how and she made link sausage.
No sir I sell the chitlins and all the innards or give them to family members and find it alot easier just to buy casings :lol: Have you tried to make your own?
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Post by hurleyjd » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:06 pm
hurleyjd wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

No sir I sell the chitlins and all the innards or give them to family members and find it alot easier just to buy casings :lol: Have you tried to make your own?
Been long time since I was at a hog killing probable at least 50 years but my mother cleaned the intestines and stuffed them. She used everything but the squeal.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jogeephus » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:41 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 am
skyhightree1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:06 pm
hurleyjd wrote:

Been long time since I was at a hog killing probable at least 50 years but my mother cleaned the intestines and stuffed them. She used everything but the squeal.
I'm always impressed at how little waste there is with a pig when you use everything.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.