Hey Jo what do you think about this one?

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17735
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Hey Jo what do you think about this one?

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:45 am

Image

Image
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23425
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Hey Jo what do you think about this one?

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:51 am

A little on the small side don't you think? In all seriousness, I don't care for how its built. Lot of work went into it but the setup is all wrong IMO. Chimney needs to be on the pit side. I believe it would be tough to regulate the heat with that setup.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17735
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Hey Jo what do you think about this one?

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Jogeephus wrote:A little on the small side don't you think? In all seriousness, I don't care for how its built. Lot of work went into it but the setup is all wrong IMO. Chimney needs to be on the pit side. I believe it would be tough to regulate the heat with that setup.


I never seen a cooker that big before it was insane.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

lavacarancher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1960
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:43 am
Location: Lavaca county, Texas

Re: Hey Jo what do you think about this one?

Postby lavacarancher » Thu May 05, 2016 12:56 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:A little on the small side don't you think? In all seriousness, I don't care for how its built. Lot of work went into it but the setup is all wrong IMO. Chimney needs to be on the pit side. I believe it would be tough to regulate the heat with that setup.


I never seen a cooker that big before it was insane.


Sky, every year we have a charity bicycle ride from Houston to Austin called the MS150. One of the bike teams have a bar-b-que for the riders in the over night stop in LaGrange and their pit is built out of an 18 wheeler tanker truck.
0 x
If you think you're in charge, try bossing someone else's dog around.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17735
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Hey Jo what do you think about this one?

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:00 pm

lavacarancher wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:A little on the small side don't you think? In all seriousness, I don't care for how its built. Lot of work went into it but the setup is all wrong IMO. Chimney needs to be on the pit side. I believe it would be tough to regulate the heat with that setup.


I never seen a cooker that big before it was insane.


Sky, every year we have a charity bicycle ride from Houston to Austin called the MS150. One of the bike teams have a bar-b-que for the riders in the over night stop in LaGrange and their pit is built out of an 18 wheeler tanker truck.


That's insane... Probably take 40 cords of wood to cook on it.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.


Return to “Recipes and Cooking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests