She's Huntin Heaven now

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.

Re: She's Huntin Heaven now

Postby 3waycross » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 pm

I want to thank everyone for all your kind thoughts. I almost didn't post this cuz I didn't want ya'll thinking I was looking for a bunch of sympathy however she was very special and she needed to be celebrated so I did.

Ginger is the second dog we had to put down in a month. My wife's little Pom died about 5 weeks ago at the age of 14, and between the two of them it just ain't the same around here. He[[ even the cats are getting fat from not being chased regularly.
I cussed that little sh==t every day of his life but he was 12lbs of pure heart and I guarantee that nobody ever sneaked up on us while he was alive. I would be willing to bet that he was the only Pomerainian that ever bit his owner over a 2lb chunk of bloodshot Elk meat. I believe that he really thought he was a Malmute.
There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't
3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby VanC » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorry to hear that, Vic. Hard to lose a good dog, but it always makes me feel a little better knowing they led a happy life doing what they were bred to do.
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it."

Nancy Pelosi
VanC
GURU
GURU

Postby Kathie in Thorp » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

You'll miss her, 3Way, but it sounds like she had a mighty fine life with you!
I'm for shyts and giggles -- until I giggle and shyt!
Kathie in Thorp
GURU
GURU

Postby Double E » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:18 pm

I think it was Mr. Bojangles where the lyrics lament the fact dogs don't live as long as us. As sad and unfair as it is, this is still fact. Give yourself some time, and then think about another pal, even with all the frustrations while they are learning their role. Just my advice, it took me four years to invest emotionally again, but the new boy has been most smiles, and just a little bit of cuss. Sorry for your loss, it is always difficult.
Double E
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby CottageFarm » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 am

I'm sorry for your loss, 3way. I agree, sure looks like she was a happy girl. You were good to her and she was good to you. That's what it's all about.
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita
CottageFarm
-

Postby msscamp » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:40 am

3waycross wrote:My old girl Ginger went to the big CRP in the sky last monday. She turned 14 in May and had been goin downhill pretty hard the last few weeks. Last Monday was the end; she got to go out layin on her bed and in her buddies arms. She had no quit in her and loved all my hunting buddies. Pretty much ignored everyone else, cept for little kids. This picture was taken on her last SD hunt 4 yrs ago. When she was almost 11.
I just hope that wherever she is the Roosters all hold for a point and the cripples don't spur a good dog too hard.

Ahhh 3way, that really sucks! I am so sorry. It's never easy to lose a trusted friend, but you have a lot of good memories and she has enriched your life in immeasurable ways. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.
msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby Angus Cowman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 am

Sorry to hear of your loss Vic, but atleast we know she isn't suffering anymore
You are the lucky one for her to have chosen you to be in her life I still miss my ol KC dog everyday especially when moving stock
I think he is one of the reasons I haven't gotten another working dog as it would be hard to find one that would do what he did and I would expect too much from the new dog

Heres to you and Ginger :drink: :drink:
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)
Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:15 am

You have my empathy as well....
Been living with aussies for 26 years and have had to establish a dog graveyard.
there is no substitute for a good dog or a good horse....
I am old enough to have buried several of each...
each loss is painful, but the memories live with us forever and enrich our lives....
each subsequent animal is different and brings a different enrichment to our lives....
mourn the loss of the faithful companion lost, but do not let the loss harden your heart...
seek out another companion not to fill the void in your heart....
but to build another set of memories and joy....keep your hands busy and let you know that you can love and be loved again.
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com
pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Previous

Return to Dogs, Cats and Other Pets