Best quality & safest dog foods?

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Kelly
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Kelly » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Brute 23
Thanks for the post on pet foods.
Wouldn't it be nice if some day we could know exactly what goes into our pet food we buy and the labels would tell us in a language that people would understand?

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Post by Brute 23 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:15 pm

Kelly wrote:Brute 23
Thanks for the post on pet foods.
Wouldn't it be nice if some day we could know exactly what goes into our pet food we buy and the labels would tell us in a language that people would understand?

That's rediculous... not decieve the public. How are they suppose to make any money that away? :lol:

allenfarms
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by allenfarms » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:58 am

;-)
Livin' A Dream!!!

allenfarms
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by allenfarms » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:00 am

Kelly wrote:Thanks everyone for all of your help.
Dusty Britches...
I make all of my batches a little different so they get a variety.
I use 3 meats (mostly beef, venison, chicken) and about 1/2 cup of chicken or beef liver- either ground or cut up. I fill a stock pot 2/3 full of water and boil the meat. I like to add a small Salmon fillet for the omega oils. I add brown rice , potato, & cook some more. Then add the mixed vegetables or cut up carrots & green beans, broccoli, spinach whatever.... - ( most veggies can be used but no onions , grapes, etc ) I add 2 eggs with the shell crushed for calcium. At the end of cooking I add in some wheat germ & oatmeal or small pasta until thickened. Put in conatiners & freeze anything you won't feed within 4 days.
When I feed ,they get either a TBSP of plain yogurt or cottage cheese with their cooked meal & flaxseed meal, pet vitamin powder & tablet.

Allenfarms& Victoria
I had been feeding the Nutro natural lamb & rice & they did not like it....Is the Nutro Ultra appealing enough to the dogs?

that's why we have stuck w/ it. Our dog would not eat dog food. We feed the food like you "human food" as well, but we leave the nutro ultra out for her and she loves it, Nutro garantees dogs will love it/ eat it etc. or your money back and they wern't kidding. it's the first dog food i have used that I actually bought another bag.
Livin' A Dream!!!