Puppy scammers what next

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Re: Puppy scammers what next

Post by Kingfisher » Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:50 pm
I bought a black & tan coon hound puppy with papers at a coon dog festival in Orangeburg, South Carolina that grew into a miniature black & tan dachshund looking cross.
I had a had a gal in Tennessee tell my sister when she questioned a pup “ Oh he will slick out when he gets older...”. :). Sounds like the same folks. ;)

Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Little Cow
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Little Cow » Tue May 28, 2019 4:59 am

Black and tan coonhound to a dachshund cross? Maybe because more than one male entertained their female? Females can have puppies from different fathers in the same litter. Maybe they sold the pups because they saw one of the fathers was a hound. They missed Shorty's romantic evening, lol!

People need to keep their female dogs penned up better, or spay them before they can be bred. I still hear people that believe a female dog has to have one litter before she is spayed or go through one heat cycle. It's not true. You can spay female dogs early without any long term effects. The only thing you miss out on are the heat cycles and obnoxious males coming around.

Certain large frame male dogs need to finish growing before they are fixed, but that's because testosterone helps temper growth. We are supposed to wait until our male GSD is over a year. We'll see. If he gets too obnoxious, he's off to the vet!
"For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah', and they will deceive many".  Matthew, 24:5

76 Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Post by 76 Bar » Tue May 28, 2019 5:29 pm

You can spay female dogs early without any long term effects.
Certain large frame male dogs need to finish growing before they are fixed, but that's because testosterone helps temper growth.
Contemporary research challenges your beliefs.