Locked up Dauchsund

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Locked up Dauchsund

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:53 pm

I got @3 yr old male that I rescued off the kill pile. His name us Milo. Been trouble from the get go w malidies but he's got a heart. He seemed locked up tonight for a bit w his back twisted in the rear. He straightened out on his own. My question is can you give em a shot of ??something to "help" their hip back woes? Thanks in advance.
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

tater74
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Locked up Dauchsund

Postby tater74 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Chiropractor?
0 x
Nobody gets something for nothing unless somebody got nothing for something

"the cows are where your at,the bull is the direction your going...." ALACOWMAN

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 pm

tater74 wrote:Chiropractor?

Bad idea...he ain't a liberal. No free rides poodoo
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Kingfisher wrote:I got @3 yr old male that I rescued off the kill pile. His name is Milo. Been trouble from the get go w malidies
but he's got a heart.
He seemed locked up tonight for a bit w his back twisted in the rear. He straightened out
on his own. My question is can you give em a shot of ?? something to "help" their hip back woes? Thanks in advance.

Dauchsunds are the epitome of "A can do spirit in a can't do body" great little dogs.
It's a shame their extra long spine often leads to so many problems. Sorry I don't have any good suggestions.
Their back pains often turn the little guys into biters, especially around rough handling kids to protect themselves.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 am

Son of Butch wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:I got @3 yr old male that I rescued off the kill pile. His name is Milo. Been trouble from the get go w malidies
but he's got a heart.
He seemed locked up tonight for a bit w his back twisted in the rear. He straightened out
on his own. My question is can you give em a shot of ?? something to "help" their hip back woes? Thanks in advance.

Dauchsunds are the epitome of "A can do spirit in a can't do body" great little dogs.
It's a shame their extra long spine often leads to so many problems. Sorry I don't have any good suggestions.
Their back pains often turn the little guys into biters, especially around rough handling kids to protect themselves.

Sad but true. Vet's often can do surgeries that help but pretty expensive and no guarantees usually
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:42 am

Son of Butch wrote:Dauchsunds are the epitome of "A can do spirit in a can't do body" great little dogs.

You got that right. My wife had a miniature that thought she was a real dog. Unfortunately she encountered a couple of real dogs. She lost.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Kingfisher - my little JRussel X Dauch had back problems at a stage...here is the thread.
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=80820&hilit=Mr+Fish

At the time I did quite a bit of reading up on the matter and saved this article, it gave me far more info that the vet that helped me could. Perhaps it will help you too...
http://www.12many.com/duchwood/backproblems.html
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”