LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5535
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by ga.prime » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 pm
OBJ is trash. I'm disappointed he didn't get sexual battery/assault charges against him. He makes everything about him, and it's time he got his "spotlight."
Did you see where he butted in on an interview with Coach Orgeron after the game? He's another Kanye West.


where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2820
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by Bestoutwest » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:11 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Bestoutwest wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 pm
OBJ is trash. I'm disappointed he didn't get sexual battery/assault charges against him. He makes everything about him, and it's time he got his "spotlight."
Did you see where he butted in on an interview with Coach Orgeron after the game? He's another Kanye West.
No, I had missed that one. He's all "Look at me! Look at me!" I would if you'd catch the stupid ball and shut-up about it.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19014
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 618 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by greybeard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Sexual battery ..........for slapping someone on the butt.............. in a college football locker room?
Gee....wonder how many thousands of people would have wound up in court over that just last in the last year?

(yeah I know...
political correctness
......nowadays they are supposed to get prior written permission, in triplicate, signatures witnessed by 4 people, notarized and filed with local, state and federal clerks of court at least 5 working days before date of intended butt slap)
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30244
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by TexasBred » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:05 am

greybeard wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 pm
Sexual battery ..........for slapping someone on the butt.............. in a college football locker room?
Gee....wonder how many thousands of people would have wound up in court over that just last in the last year?

(yeah I know...
political correctness
......nowadays they are supposed to get prior written permission, in triplicate, signatures witnessed by 4 people, notarized and filed with local, state and federal clerks of court at least 5 working days before date of intended butt slap)
Guess I was raised in a different time. We patted people on the back. Never crossed my mind to pat another man on the a$$.
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by JWBrahman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:45 am

For those unfamiliar with New Orleans:

Those were not tobacco cigars, they were blunts. While marijuana is technically illegal, nobody is ever arrested for it in New Orleans. The police officer was going overboard asking them to extinguish what they were smoking.

There is always some confusion in our society over the correct time and place for certain behaviors. Coach O should have addressed how to behave in a win or a loss. There is a lot to read between the lines with the immediate departure of the two Co-Coaches in charge of offense and defense.

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by JWBrahman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 am

Ryder wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:43 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:56 am
I’m merely referring to the idiotic hat.
I very much agree with you about the hat. That is way "over the top" in more ways than one.
But I fail to see the reason for all the commotion over a cigar.
Heard from multiple eye witnesses those were blunts. That's why the police lieutenant intervened. He knows better than anyone that he should have let it go.

M.Magis
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ohio
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by M.Magis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:05 am

JWBrahman wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:45 am
For those unfamiliar with New Orleans:

Those were not tobacco cigars, they were blunts. While marijuana is technically illegal, nobody is ever arrested for it in New Orleans. The police officer was going overboard asking them to extinguish what they were smoking.

There is always some confusion in our society over the correct time and place for certain behaviors. Coach O should have addressed how to behave in a win or a loss. There is a lot to read between the lines with the immediate departure of the two Co-Coaches in charge of offense and defense.
It doesn't matter what they were smoking, the guard was hired by the stadium to enforce it's rules, which include no smoking in the locker room. He wasn't "going overboard", he was doing the job that he was hired to do.

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by JWBrahman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 am

M. Magis there are always people smoking pot in the Superdome. If they don't bother the fans in the cheap seats then don't bother the guys in the locker room. The police officer could have asked the head coach to handle it.

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by JWBrahman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:57 am

A while back my father did some things I'm sure he regrets. Emotions run high at sporting events. If nobody is getting hurt the police should stay out of it.

People are still mad at me over my father and those referees...

https://www.wafb.com/story/23675217/pol ... auls-game/

M.Magis
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ohio
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by M.Magis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:03 am

Sure, it's the polices' fault. Not the people breaking the rules...

User avatar
Ryder
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Post by Ryder » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 am

JWBrahman wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 am
Ryder wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:43 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:56 am
I’m merely referring to the idiotic hat.
I very much agree with you about the hat. That is way "over the top" in more ways than one.
But I fail to see the reason for all the commotion over a cigar.
Heard from multiple eye witnesses those were blunts. That's why the police lieutenant intervened. He knows better than anyone that he should have let it go.
I did not know that "blunts" were dope. :???:
Not good for a role model.
But think cop should have told the coach to handle it.
Should have thrown out the guy with the camera.
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Post Reply