Requesting thoughts from the Gun Gurus...

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: Requesting thoughts from the Gun Gurus...

Post by ga.prime » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:31 am

It will work with any gun, CB. Your shoulder and arms and hands absorb the recoil, same as in normal shooting. The vise is rubber and felt lined so as not to scratch or otherwise damage the gun stock in case of slippage, but there shouldn't be any slippage.

where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

bball
GURU
GURU

Post by bball » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 am

Will find out soon.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
Exercising compassion provides the most linear and fulfilling state of happiness.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Post by Brute 23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:15 am

I shot a deer in WTX and my son shot one here with that same tripod this year. We use it when we hunt out of the pop up blinds. I used my 308 and he used the 243. It's really nice because you can use it to hold your gun up in place also so you dont have to lean it up in a corner.

Only thing is you have to adjust the legs to get the right height. They have another one that the height adjusts but it's a little more. It's a great bang for the buck product. I have used tripods that I liked more but they were $350-450. Mine was like $125 on amazon.
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 pm

Brute, you must have the aluminum one. Mine is carbon fiber and has telescoping legs that will adjust to anywhere between 7" and 59" and costs $199 + tax on Amazon.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Post by Brute 23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:58 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 pm
Brute, you must have the aluminum one. Mine is carbon fiber and has telescoping legs that will adjust to anywhere between 7" and 59" and costs $199 + tax on Amazon.
Yes that is correct. With these you have to use the legs the set your height. The one I am talking about has another stem piece under where your gun mounts. You can rough in the height with the legs but then you have another 6-10" to dial it in with that stem. Just like camera trypod.

These are great for setting up stationary like in the pop ups tents. You set your height, lock your gun in, and get it all ready before hand then you wait.

The high end ones are super light and designed for stalking. They have a ball joint and have tons of adjustment up and down, side to side, etc all with a quick turn from one hand. A friend of myne has two and we use them with the thermals for hog hunting where we are walking and moving.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Post by Brute 23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:22 am

https://www.gricegunshop.com/rgu84204-r ... or-22.html

This would be an awesome gun. I have the same gun in .308 and it is probably my favorite gun because of the size and feel. For a hunting rifle it is hard to beat IMO. It would be a lot of fun in 6.5CM with a suppressor.