Kaepernick

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
bball
GURU
GURU

Re: Kaepernick

Post by bball » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:48 pm
Based on merit this is my evaluation of Kaeprnick.
Great Arm and mechanics. He threw out first pitch at MLB game in the mid 90s for a strike.
A running QB that has lost a step as all do with age.
Will take 6 months for him to learn and feel comfortable in a new team's system.
In some locker rooms he could be viewed as a hero leader, but in many more of a distraction.
He may not have the love of the game required. Andrew Luck lost his and retired at 29.
He is worth a 1 yr 6 million dollar "Prove It" contract.
But as a GM, 2 million spent on developing a young QB would be a more appealing option.

I enjoy watching NFL football and won't let a few bad apples ruin it for me.
I get more upset by the Refs than any of the players.
I would enjoy seeing Da Bears sign Kaepernick and watching the Vikings linebackers and D-line
getting their hands on him in December.
Amen to that! It's pitiful far too often.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
Exercising compassion provides the most linear and fulfilling state of happiness.

Buck Randall
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Buck Randall » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:21 pm

ccr wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 pm
son of butch glad to see your post. hadn't noticed any in a while.

buck i don't know anything about this, but what is the strong case kaepernick has?
He is being blackballed from the league. The NFL claims that teams just aren't interested due to "character concerns", but this is unlikely given that there are teams that currently employ players who have been convicted of child abuse and violent assaults against women. Kaepernick is better than the backup quarterback on most teams, and could probably be a starter for some. He filed a grievance against the NFL through the players union, which the NFL settled for several million dollars.

More recently, his lawyers have threatened to file a lawsuit against the NFL. The NFL responded by offering to host an opportunity for him to work out for team scouts and executives. The workout ended up being a sham, as the NFL refused to allow any media to attend (media normally attends these events) and would not permit Kaepernick or any members of his party to film the workout (also not normal). The NFL also tried to require that he sign a contract that would have prevented him from filing any future lawsuits. These unusual and unreasonable requirements prompted Kaepernick to back out at the last minute.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:02 pm

He is really trying hard to get back in the NFL, could care less about him being blackballed, if he is given a chance to get back in the NFL and had a tryout, I'd change change the location and wear a Kunta Kinte shirt at the tryouts, biggest joke ever.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 pm

haase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:02 pm
He is really trying hard to get back in the NFL, could care less about him being blackballed, if he is given a chance to get back in the NFL and had a tryout, I'd change change the location and wear a Kunta Kinte shirt at the tryouts, biggest joke ever.
He is a major reason there is #emptyseatsgalore.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.