Old Deer Stand With Lots Of Memories

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Old Deer Stand With Lots Of Memories

Postby BRYANT » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:46 pm

This old stand has been in this tree for many, many years. We use to refer to these stands as ''bicycle stands''. They were light and easy to carry but not the most comfortable. This stand has had lots of deer killed out of it, have two mounted on the wall that was killed from it. My son and me was in this bottom a few weeks ago and went and found it , we stood there recalling all the many good times we have had there. There is times in the spring when it is 15 foot under water but in the fall it is a deer hang out.

1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: Old Deer Stand With Lots Of Memories

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm

BRYANT wrote:This old stand has been in this tree for many, many years. We use to refer to these stands as ''bicycle stands''. They were light and easy to carry but not the most comfortable. This stand has had lots of deer killed out of it, have two mounted on the wall that was killed from it. My son and me was in this bottom a few weeks ago and went and found it , we stood there recalling all the many good times we have had there. There is times in the spring when it is 15 foot under water but in the fall it is a deer hang out.

Cool

Dads old homemade lean too is still in my bottom.
No one has hunted it since 98.
I have a two man ladder about twenty yards from his.
Kinda makes me feel like we are hunting together again.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Wow. That is cool. Precious to have made those memories with your son.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Wow. That is cool. Precious to have made those memories with your son.

My son is 28 and only one year was he not able to go to deer camp, and that was the year that he was only 2 months old. My grand son is 2 years old and has been 3 times to deer camp, the first time he was only 3 weeks old, Took him out in the woods for a short hunt this year and he got to see a doe :clap: made his day. This year made 48 years in a roll for me, its kind of a family tradition use to be 20 + in camp now its down to 9 this year, but growing again, my son & daughter in law are expecting our 2nd grandson in March and a nephew and his wife that goes are expecting a baby next year also. Get enough of these young sprouts it may be time for Pawpa, me, to get on a stand and let them do some deer drives :lol2:
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:36 pm

BRYANT wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Wow. That is cool. Precious to have made those memories with your son.

My son is 28 and only one year was he not able to go to deer camp, and that was the year that he was only 2 months old. My grand son is 2 years old and has been 3 times to deer camp, the first time he was only 3 weeks old, Took him out in the woods for a short hunt this year and he got to see a doe :clap: made his day. This year made 48 years in a roll for me, its kind of a family tradition use to be 20 + in camp now its down to 9 this year, but growing again, my son & daughter in law are expecting our 2nd grandson in March and a nephew and his wife that goes are expecting a baby next year also. Get enough of these young sprouts it may be time for Pawpa, me, to get on a stand and let them do some deer drives :lol2:

Back in the dog hunting days there would be forty or fifty of us.
Uncles,cousins and grandpa all are gone except two first cousins.
Got two out of eight grandkids that can’t come enough to hunt.
My youngest granddaughter 10 has killed two this year.
It doesn’t get any better teaching a kid to hunt.
Better for the kid to be hunting than hunting the kid.
4 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”