Supplement to good pasture/hay

Backgrounding & feeding questions.
cjmc
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Supplement to good pasture/hay

Postby cjmc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am

TexasBred wrote:
cjmc wrote:I never gave any specific recommendation, I only used all stock as an example because it was the first ubiquitous commercial feed I could think of. You said it was worthless thus making my entire point in this thread of "If you are going to feed them might as well kills two birds with one stone by not just feeding anything but something that will give you a performance bump."

I just reviewed all 20 some comments I've made on this site, none of them that i saw had anything to do with genetics (unless i missed one?). So maybe you are confusing me with someone else by thinking I "hawk" for a cross bred genetics company? I work for a feedlot.

When it come to dairy genomics there are some different options. The genomic test that are available depend on the breed. We have a good breakdown of the tests that are available by breed, what traits are tested with each test.

Many of the tests for some of the breeds are further processed by the USDA. There are only a handful of providers that are nominators to the USDA / CDCB. For females, there is typically no fee charged. Bulls can vary. On our website, if a test is for submission to the USDA / CDCB there is a link to the CDCB for the fees that are charges.

Please visit our genomics information at http://dairycattleregistry.com/genomics/
0 x

Yup 100% for sure not me. Unless I have been hacked lol. I have nothing to do with dairy cattle and I would like to keep it that way.
0 x

cjmc
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Supplement to good pasture/hay

Postby cjmc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm

TexasBred wrote:
cjmc wrote:I never gave any specific recommendation, I only used all stock as an example because it was the first ubiquitous commercial feed I could think of. You said it was worthless thus making my entire point in this thread of "If you are going to feed them might as well kills two birds with one stone by not just feeding anything but something that will give you a performance bump."

I just reviewed all 20 some comments I've made on this site, none of them that i saw had anything to do with genetics (unless i missed one?). So maybe you are confusing me with someone else by thinking I "hawk" for a cross bred genetics company? I work for a feedlot.

When it come to dairy genomics there are some different options. The genomic test that are available depend on the breed. We have a good breakdown of the tests that are available by breed, what traits are tested with each test.

Many of the tests for some of the breeds are further processed by the USDA. There are only a handful of providers that are nominators to the USDA / CDCB. For females, there is typically no fee charged. Bulls can vary. On our website, if a test is for submission to the USDA / CDCB there is a link to the CDCB for the fees that are charges.

Please visit our genomics information at http://dairycattleregistry.com/genomics/
0 x

If you search some keywords you will find the person who posted that is cbcr. Close, to my username. But none the less, not me.
0 x

Return to “Feedyard Board”