How much inbreeding is acceptable?

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Post by msscamp » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:13 am

aplusmnt wrote:
msscamp wrote:Their ears aren't 'hacked off'. A notch is probably a 1/4" wide and a 1/4" deep in a v-shape. They rarely even bawl - they pitch more of a fit with ear-tagging than with ear-marking.

We have never used something like this on cattle, but we have an older cow we bought that has clean cut notch right at tip of ear, always wondered what happened to her, it looked to clean cut to be an accident. Might have been someone else that did something like this.

Yeppers, that is an ear mark. I meant to add a laughing emoticon to my previous post and didn't. Sorry. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Old Dog/New Tricks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Old Dog/New Tricks » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:01 pm

There's Danger here unless you are will to put Down all your GET from one line when trouble appears and it will. Leave it to the people that know.

If you really want to know there are some good books out there. Then play with gome Gold Fish or torpicals. New "Get" every 30 days or so.

In General: All first time x are Ok except Son to Mother
Father --> Daughter
Brother --> Sister

Son --> Mother -- > Look Out

With dogs Trouble popped up --> I had to put down a hole line 15 Dogs, B-i-t-c-h-s, and Puppies + 4 Stud Dog when I figures out where it came from - - Was very Hard and took guts - so I'd stay chear unless your ready to accept the out come

If you don't take that action Your and You Lines Reputation is the S-H-I-T-S
I Was There!
V_Key's Mr. Mom
68 and Learning new Tricks

GURU
GURU

Post by 1848 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Not sure, let me ask my wife! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Dog/New Tricks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Old Dog/New Tricks » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:21 pm

Old Dog/New Tricks wrote:There's Danger here unless you are will to put Down all your GET from one line when trouble appears and it will. Leave it to the people that know.

If you really want to know there are some good books out there. Then play with gome Gold Fish or torpicals. New "Get" every 30 days or so.

Father --> Daughter
Brother --> Sister

With dogs Trouble popped up --> I had to put down a hole line 15 Dogs, B-i-t-c-h-s, and Puppies + 4 Stud Dog when I figures out where it came from - - Was very Hard and took guts - so I'd stay chear unless your ready to accept the out come

Don't read me?
Watch me get H377 for saying this :!: :cboy:

Look at the Disservice One Horse Breeder SOB did with HYPP - He/They could have stopped it in the bud (No Guts) - - Now every horse owner that has HYPP is breeding it and passing it on - because My Horse Is So Nice.

If every owner just Stopped Breeding any horse with HYPP it would be gone in this generation!
Fat Chance :!:
Last edited by Old Dog/New Tricks on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Was There!
V_Key's Mr. Mom

Old Dog/New Tricks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: How much inbreeding is acceptable?

Post by Old Dog/New Tricks » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:35 pm

Carnivore wrote:How does one grow a herd without having the bull start servicing his daughters? And, if that happens, what are the concerns? How about a bull who services his mother?

How much inbreeding is acceptable?

To answer your Question :!:

In your case None:!: :!: :cboy:

How does one grow a herd without having the bull start servicing his daughters?

I don't know about you but I started a Whole Branch On Our Family Tree with out Servicing my Daughters :roll:

Could be different in your parts ;-)
I Was There!
V_Key's Mr. Mom

Old Dog/New Tricks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Old Dog/New Tricks » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:47 pm

1848 wrote:Not sure, let me ask my wife! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As an out side bull I asked your wife :!:
All I got out of her was :roll: :oops: :oops: :D :oops: :o :lol: :roll:

Then - :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Well, If he stays on that Dam Computer :!: :mrgreen: It's that make :heart: :heart: or :drink:

Joke :roll: Joke :!: I :idea: ;-)
I Was There!
V_Key's Mr. Mom

Old Dog/New Tricks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Old Dog/New Tricks » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:06 pm

Old Dog/New Tricks wrote:
Old Dog/New Tricks wrote:There's Danger here unless you are will to put Down all your GET from one line when trouble appears and it will. Leave it to the people that know.

Father --> Daughter
Brother --> Sister

Don't read me?

Look at the Disservice One Horse Breeder SOB did with HYPP - He/They could have stopped it in the bud (No Guts) - - Now every horse owner that has HYPP is breeding it and passing it on - because My Horse Is So Nice.

If every owner just Stopped Breeding any horse with HYPP it would be gone in this generation!

Link:
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8
I Was There!
V_Key's Mr. Mom

Old Dog/New Tricks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Old Dog/New Tricks » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:12 pm

Father --> Daughter
Brother --> Sister

Don't read me?

Link:
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8

another Link that traces HYPP back to one horse
http://www.aqha.com/association/registration/hypp.html
I Was There!
V_Key's Mr. Mom