One hung low

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
denoginnizer
GURU
GURU

One hung low

Post by denoginnizer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:14 pm

I have the opportunity to buy a great looking bull with super high WW numbers, at a really good price. The catch is that one of his testicles is about 3.5 inches higher than his other.
He has been semen checked and passed .
Have no intention of keeping any of the calves off him. I was thinking of putting him in a rented pasture where I have a small herd of 26 cows
Thinking of buying him and was wanting to know if I was fixin to make a mistake ?

Beefy
GURU
GURU

Post by Beefy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:22 pm

as long as you dont enter anything in a nut beauty pageant they should be fine. he will no doubt git-r-did. keep in mind that super high weaning weight numbers are only as good as your cows milking ability.
So this doe walks out of a forest...sez "I'm NEVER doing that for fifty bucks again!"

bigbull338
Beefmaster Breeder
Beefmaster Breeder

1 hung low

Post by bigbull338 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:37 pm

he is what i call a 1 nut bull.1 nut is still up in body cavity.an never did dropp down.an it never will.he can breed cows yes.but i wouldnt put him very meny cows.he probly wont last long being a 1 nut bull.

KMacGinley
GURU
GURU

testes

Post by KMacGinley » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:21 pm

There are plenty of bulls out there with two good ones, why buy this one? :D

Vicky the vet
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: One hung low

Post by Vicky the vet » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:11 am

denoginnizer wrote:I have the opportunity to buy a great looking bull with super high WW numbers, at a really good price. The catch is that one of his testicles is about 3.5 inches higher than his other.
He has been semen checked and passed .
Have no intention of keeping any of the calves off him. I was thinking of putting him in a rented pasture where I have a small herd of 26 cows
Thinking of buying him and was wanting to know if I was fixin to make a mistake ?

There are two things of note here.
1. He has two descended testicles if they are both visible.
2. He's not planning on keeping the offspring and his semen has passed.

Because of these two points, unless it is incredibly hot where you live, having him service some cows shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't keep his offspring, and it's likely that his fertility won't be quite as good in a very warm climate. Many males have one testicle higher than the other, or forward to the other, of all species.....

Susie David
GURU
GURU

Post by Susie David » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Have to have them set at different elevations....immanging how hard it would be to even walk if they were side-by-side.
Susie David's Cattle Company LLC
"From Pasture to Plate 100% Natural Beef"