Heifer in labor >8 hours - Help

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
Jeanne - Simme Valley
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:12 am

:D Funny guy - you knew what I meant! :D
Some people are luckier than others.

Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Bret
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Bret » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:54 am

ljV wrote:Vet came - tail first, dead. Vet told us it was a very weird presentation and hard to detect to someone new to calving. Learned from our mistake. Yes, thought it was stage 1 when it was actually stage 2. Shame on us, but I came here for advise, not ridicule.

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the outcome. We all learn from our own mistakes and everyone elses in the fraternity/sorority of cattle raising who posts here. When you get your tail twisted, its usually a good thing. It just doesn't feel that way at the time.

Bret
Corn Fed and Hand Spanked.

The Rogue
Beginner
Beginner

stage two labor

Post by The Rogue » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:15 am

thanks for the info Iju I learned somthing I worked in a packing house for 38 years but that does not make me a cattleman only a butcher.sorry about the calf I lost one also this year the Heifer was 5 mos.along.

LangCattleCompany
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by LangCattleCompany » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
WagaAgeyv wrote:
ljV wrote:Vet came - tail first, dead. Vet told us it was a very weird presentation and hard to detect to someone new to calving. Learned from our mistake. Yes, thought it was stage 1 when it was actually stage 2. Shame on us, but I came here for advise, not ridicule.

Ok this is my opinion! You guys did not have to be so ruff and ljv if you have been on here you can see they get ruff and opinionated at times. Just remember they started out once as well and they have probably forgotten that. It took guts to ask these guys a few things since you see how they answer others.

Keep coming back and maybe you as well as I and others can learn from all of our mistakes.

Good Luck on your next one!

Opinon's are just like buttholes everyone has one and they all stink.
This is a rough business and if you want to survive toughen up,
I bet old IV doesn't make that mistake again They have no one to blame but themselves have to learn to be responsible for your actions and outcomes 600 dollar lesson is a good teacher. Time to move on that calf is worm or coyote food now.

yep tough business. Just too bad there's too many jerks on here to actually give advice that helps. Thankful I don't have to come here for my advice. Just my entertainment.