Cane code 36AN1900.

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
Post Reply
User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:48 am

Put the first straw in last night, many more to come.

318

here is the video

http://bit.ly/2WGnboy

The Moo Monitor sniffed her out like a truffle. She was having a "silent" heat, no observable signs, until I went out and saw her under a shade tree and the discharge was coming out strong.

This isn't even fair, LOL! Like shooting fish in a barrel.

319

Put that straw in just ahead of the peak, fingers crossed.

She is a somewhat old momma, but a very good one, 9 years old, and has given us some solid calves. She's been blessed thus far, so I'm feeling good about this one.


"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9921
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 587 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Bright Raven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am

Fantastic. Congratulations.

Good job. Nice slow injection.

It would be near impossible to heat detect on my setup. All the cows are on the back under shade.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am
Fantastic. Congratulations.

Good job. Nice slow injection.

It would be near impossible to heat detect on my setup. All the cows are on the back under shade.
It was textbook, from the handling, to the thawing, to the time it took to get the straw in. "Magic Hands" put it right on both uterine horns.

The semen was frozen on 5-22-2019.

This was done naturally as well, only using the collar, not synched.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am
Fantastic. Congratulations.

Good job. Nice slow injection.

It would be near impossible to heat detect on my setup. All the cows are on the back under shade.
That horizontal green line is rumination, once it forms a "V", that has historically for me, been the sweet spot for the injection.

Just wish it was sexed. If so, I could create a brand new herd of females in just one year flat.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9921
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 587 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Bright Raven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:14 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:06 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am
Fantastic. Congratulations.

Good job. Nice slow injection.

It would be near impossible to heat detect on my setup. All the cows are on the back under shade.
That horizontal green line is rumination, once it forms a "V", that has historically for me, been the sweet spot for the injection.

Just wish it was sexed. If so, I could create a brand new herd of females in just one year flat.
I see the value of the monitor system. I gave up spring AI. The way my farm is organized, heat detection is a horror story. The cows congregate on the bottoms on the back of the farm. I would have to shoot one and drag her to the front of the farm to breed her.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13724
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:17 pm

You shoot ‘em and your success rate will really suffer.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:14 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:06 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am
Fantastic. Congratulations.

Good job. Nice slow injection.

It would be near impossible to heat detect on my setup. All the cows are on the back under shade.
That horizontal green line is rumination, once it forms a "V", that has historically for me, been the sweet spot for the injection.

Just wish it was sexed. If so, I could create a brand new herd of females in just one year flat.
I see the value of the monitor system. I gave up spring AI. The way my farm is organized, heat detection is a horror story. The cows congregate on the bottoms on the back of the farm. I would have to shoot one and drag her to the front of the farm to breed her.
That's why I love the ole grain bucket. They are like kids in the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. They see it and they come running. LOL!
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9921
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 587 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Bright Raven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:38 pm

Now. That is funny. I am sure it is meant in fun.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9921
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 587 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Bright Raven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 pm

I hope she sticks. Good for you Brook. Must be exciting.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:48 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:38 pm
Now. That is funny. I am sure it is meant in fun.
I think its great that you guys are friends
I’m just messing with Hook, nothing personal at all.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

User avatar
gizmom
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Molino Florida
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 269 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by gizmom » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:01 pm

BH
Do you do your own AI or do you have a tech?

Gizmom
Respect give it to get it!

User avatar
gizmom
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Molino Florida
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 269 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by gizmom » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 pm

BH

? Yes no nun ya business just curious if you do your own AI work or have a tech, not a difficult question.

Gizmom
Respect give it to get it!

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9921
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 587 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by Bright Raven » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:34 pm

gizmom wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 pm
BH

? Yes no nun ya business just curious if you do your own AI work or have a tech, not a difficult question.

Gizmom
He is on timeout. He has a neighbor who is in the video who has bred thousands of cows. He also works with Genetics Plus. There is a User on these boards who works for Genetics Plus.

Brook is learning under the tuledge of Genetics Plus owner, David.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
gizmom
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Molino Florida
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 269 times

Re: Cane code 36AN1900.

Post by gizmom » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:17 pm

got Ya, having someone like that is a curse as well as a blessing. Our herdsman Mike is as good an AI tech as you will find anywhere which has been a blessing. When he got sick and was unable to breed for a season it turned out it was a curse. Having someone that good makes it difficult to say no I will do it knowing your conception % just went down 20 to 30% or 50%. That is why no matter what now I breed a group each year, I won’t ever be as good as Mike but I won’t be at a total loss like we were when he was down.

Gizmom
Respect give it to get it!

Post Reply