red spider mites

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
millstreaminn
Rancher
Rancher

red spider mites

Postby millstreaminn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:55 am

What kills them? They take over the greenhouse in July and I can't control them. I've bought almost every over the counter chemical I can get my hands on and none of them offer even decent control. I've used all the Bayer and Ortho products labeled for spider mites with no success. Wondering what I can try this year?
0 x
It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: red spider mites

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Get you some Tempo SC. I buy mine at the local fertilizer dealer but I think TSC carries it also.
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

ClinchValley
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: red spider mites

Postby ClinchValley » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:50 am

Best thing I found for them was lady bugs and praying mantis'. It creates somewhat of a mess with ladybugs everywhere. But they will devour the mites. When not in use, ladybugs can be stored in a refrigerator. The go dormant. Take em out and blow warm air on them and they come right back to moving around.

The mites live on the underside of the leaves so its hard to get a product on them IMO. Have tried homemade pepper sprays with some affect. But not a be all end all.

Insects to eat insects works great for me.

Can be bought by the 1,000 if i recall correctly. Fairly cheap. Comes in the mail.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

Return to “Gardening”