Possible solution to a old problem

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: Possible solution to a old problem

Post by callmefence » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:19 pm
You would be surprised how important bowel movement was considered in the 1920s and 1930s. It was the "health" fad of the times like the keto diet is today. My maternal grandfather never went anywhere without toilet paper. People of those times in the hills of Kentucky considered a good bowel movement as important as exercise. My mom said granddad would line them up once a week for a dose of laxative - I have forgotten the name but it was later discovered to be a carcinogen. Lol.

Anyway, my maternal Uncle adopted many of those habits. When I was living in Montana and he was in his early 70s, he and my aunt came for a visit. We took them to Yellowstone. My Aunt and Uncle had the room next to us. It was getting about 9 am and I wanted to get out and show them the park. Aunt Clara knocked on the door and said "Bill is so upset". I said why. She said because his bowels won't move. She said please give us more time because Bill will be a pain in the azz the rest of the day if he don't have a good morning bowel movement.

:hide:
I've said it before.... when you see a man walk off into the brush and come back missing a shirt sleeve. That's a man that forgot his toilet paper.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.
Red Bull Breeder.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 pm

callmefence wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
You would be surprised how important bowel movement was considered in the 1920s and 1930s. It was the "health" fad of the times like the keto diet is today. My maternal grandfather never went anywhere without toilet paper. People of those times in the hills of Kentucky considered a good bowel movement as important as exercise. My mom said granddad would line them up once a week for a dose of laxative - I have forgotten the name but it was later discovered to be a carcinogen. Lol.

Anyway, my maternal Uncle adopted many of those habits. When I was living in Montana and he was in his early 70s, he and my aunt came for a visit. We took them to Yellowstone. My Aunt and Uncle had the room next to us. It was getting about 9 am and I wanted to get out and show them the park. Aunt Clara knocked on the door and said "Bill is so upset". I said why. She said because his bowels won't move. She said please give us more time because Bill will be a pain in the azz the rest of the day if he don't have a good morning bowel movement.

I've said it before.... when you see a man walk off into the brush and come back missing a shirt sleeve. That's a man that forgot his toilet paper.
My Uncle said he used a lot of handkerchiefs until he trained himself to carry toilet paper. Lol
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

bball
GURU
GURU

Post by bball » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 pm

callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

So true! When I was 15 years younger and my knees could take it, I used to run 3 or 4 miles everyday. One particular evening in upstate NY, I got 2 miles into my run and my guts let me know i was in trouble. Ducked down in a ravine and cut it loose. Came up out of the ravine missing a shirt sleeve. Continued on.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
Exercising compassion provides the most linear and fulfilling state of happiness.

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:45 pm

bball wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 pm
callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

So true! When I was 15 years younger and my knees could take it, I used to run 3 or 4 miles everyday. One particular evening in upstate NY, I got 2 miles into my run and my guts let me know i was in trouble. Ducked down in a ravine and cut it loose. Came up out of the ravine missing a shirt sleeve. Continued on.
You do what you have to do. :lol:
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

sstterry
GURU
GURU

Post by sstterry » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
You would be surprised how important bowel movement was considered in the 1920s and 1930s. It was the "health" fad of the times like the keto diet is today.
Look up the history of John Harvey Kellogg. He was a Dr. and responsible for Kellogg Cereal and it was done for bowel health. He also believed in abstinence from M-F relations (except for female treatment for "hysteria").

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Post by ohiosteve » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 pm

I've wanted one of the toilet seats on a receiver for a while. I've also considered one with fold up legs. As a truck driver I can give you this tip; the tandems on a trucks drive wheels are usually spaced pretty nicely where you can put a cheek on each wheel and sit pretty comfortably....
People are usually shocked when they find out I'm not a very good electrician.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 am

ohiosteve wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 pm
I've wanted one of the toilet seats on a receiver for a while. I've also considered one with fold up legs. As a truck driver I can give you this tip; the tandems on a trucks drive wheels are usually spaced pretty nicely where you can put a cheek on each wheel and sit pretty comfortably....
Nuggets like this make the price of admission here totally worth it.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:34 am

ohiosteve wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 pm
This post gave me a :idea: ... what they call a epiphany..
.I'm going to mount the seat of to the side where the "material lands directly in line with the back duals. After completing the crap you simply get in the truck. Back up a few feet, then pull back forward. This should adequately incorporate everything into the soil.

After a quick mock-up I have a problem. I would like to be able to just fold the seat up when not in use. When I do it's going to partially block my taillight. This could cause problems with law enforcement. Back to the drawing board.
Red Bull Breeder.

David Crockett

Lucky
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Lucky » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:44 am

Maybe you could build one that slides out from under the truck bed. The spot behind the duals would probably be a perfect fit if you built it to slide out to the side of the truck. You could make it slide out of the side toolbox but would probably need to cut a slot at the bottom of the box to make it slide in completely. You could even build an inclosed box for it to slide in easy enough. This way it would stay clean. You don’t want either kind of “mud butt” when working all day. :lol:

This is a real issue in the field!! A crew working here had a dedicated 16’ trailer with 2 porta a pottys and a trash bin on it. Had side steps that folded down and everything. They moved it closer to the job almost daily.

Buck Randall
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Buck Randall » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 am

Maybe you should try a fiber supplement. If I'm eating well you can pretty much set your watch to my 24 hour GI schedule. I go first thing in the morning, then I'm good for the rest of the day. No hunting for smooth, wide leaves on the side of the road for me.

As an aside, is anyone else getting the ad for IBS with the picture of the inflamed colon on this site? Google is scary.

crossbredcalves
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by crossbredcalves » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 pm

How irregular are your bowel movements? Before I had stomach surgery I was as regular as can be. 9 PM every night, I had my moment. Since I had the gastric sleeve surgery, I don't eat as much, so I am not as regular and it drives me crazy to only "go" once or twice a week.
“Words are life.” The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm like a horse. I shyt when I need to, that's healthy. The fact that I'm outside from daylight till often after dark and the fact this time of the year a man might drink several gallons of water per day might contribute to some irregularities.
I eat bacon or sausage and eggs, with milk and grapefruit juice for breakfast, usually fruit for lunch. And meat and potatoes for dinner. You rabbits are of no help with rigging my truck.
Red Bull Breeder.

David Crockett

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Post by ohiosteve » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:24 pm

I drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of gas station hotdogs.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Post by ohiosteve » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:48 pm

I'm already drawing up plans to build a prototype bumper with pullout seat, water proof tp dispenser, fold out privacy curtain and a drink holder.

Dirt Farmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Dirt Farmer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:59 pm

ohiosteve wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:48 pm
I'm already drawing up plans to build a prototype bumper with pullout seat, water proof tp dispenser, fold out privacy curtain and a drink holder.
Don’t forget somewhere to put your hotdog!! :lol: