Concrete fence posts

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 586 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by sstterry » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 pm
cowrancher75 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:15 am
timeless fence has a similar post expect its pvc


https://timelessfencesystem.com/
Those are really nice!
They make those about 15 miles from me. I haven't had the chance to use them yet, but a guy I know really likes them. I still wonder about durability when driving them in though.



cowrancher75
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:27 am
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by cowrancher75 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 am

sstterry wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:08 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 pm
cowrancher75 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:15 am
timeless fence has a similar post expect its pvc


https://timelessfencesystem.com/
Those are really nice!
They make those about 15 miles from me. I haven't had the chance to use them yet, but a guy I know really likes them. I still wonder about durability when driving them in though.

i'm pretty sure if they won't pound in you use a drill with a bit on it and they'll go right in.

User avatar
pdfangus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4780
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Beaverdam, virginia
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by pdfangus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 am

I had a friend who made his after WWII.

when I was last on his place in the mid nineties they were all still in place.

The whole farm has been developed now after he passed away....so I expect the posts are on the scrap heap of life somewhere.
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1882
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Piedmont of SC
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by Ebenezer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm

cowrancher75 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 am
sstterry wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:08 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 pm


Those are really nice!
They make those about 15 miles from me. I haven't had the chance to use them yet, but a guy I know really likes them. I still wonder about durability when driving them in though.

i'm pretty sure if they won't pound in you use a drill with a bit on it and they'll go right in.
Pound in fine but not in dry soil.

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 363 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by Brookhill Angus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Now that I have seen the FFS video, I see the error of my ways. I bow down to the abilities that these guys have, and any ideas of fencing I might have had are out the door. I'm calling them when it's time to fence and getting it done right from the get go.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by callmefence » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Now that I have seen the FFS video, I see the error of my ways. I bow down to the abilities that these guys have, and any ideas of fencing I might have had are out the door. I'm calling them when it's time to fence and getting it done right from the get go.
You can't go wrong with that. You'll get a excellent fence. Plus you and farm fence have alot in common.
Support your local hardworking white boy.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14689
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 1001 times
Been thanked: 1063 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 pm

callmefence wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Now that I have seen the FFS video, I see the error of my ways. I bow down to the abilities that these guys have, and any ideas of fencing I might have had are out the door. I'm calling them when it's time to fence and getting it done right from the get go.
You can't go wrong with that. You'll get a excellent fence. Plus you and farm fence have alot in common.
Successful businessmen? Honest straight shooters? All round fun guys to hang out with?
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by callmefence » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:30 pm

.........
Last edited by callmefence on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support your local hardworking white boy.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 363 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by Brookhill Angus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm

So Fence, am I to believe that all I see is not as it appears?
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by callmefence » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm
So Fence, am I to believe that all I see is not as it appears?
Ffs will build you a very fine fence, you can be sure of it.
I give credit where it's due........
Support your local hardworking white boy.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 363 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by Brookhill Angus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am

callmefence wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm
So Fence, am I to believe that all I see is not as it appears?
Ffs will build you a very fine fence, you can be sure of it.
I give credit where it's due........
That’s great!

I only like to work with the best, and FFS gave me the impression that he is an expert in fencing.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by callmefence » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am
callmefence wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm
So Fence, am I to believe that all I see is not as it appears?
Ffs will build you a very fine fence, you can be sure of it.
I give credit where it's due........
That’s great!

I only like to work with the best, and FFS gave me the impression that he is an expert in fencing.
He is a expert in fencing.... just like your an expert in black Angus.
Support your local hardworking white boy.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
pdfangus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4780
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Beaverdam, virginia
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by pdfangus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am
callmefence wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm


Ffs will build you a very fine fence, you can be sure of it.
I give credit where it's due........
That’s great!

I only like to work with the best, and FFS gave me the impression that he is an expert in fencing.
He is a expert in fencing.... just like your an expert in black Angus.
Back in the day we had definitions of expert....

EXPERT - an Ex is a has been
and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

ALTERNATE DEFINITION

EXPERT. Someone more than 50 miles from home carrying a briefcase or a computer...
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6114
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by callmefence » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 pm

pdfangus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am


That’s great!

I only like to work with the best, and FFS gave me the impression that he is an expert in fencing.
He is a expert in fencing.... just like your an expert in black Angus.
Back in the day we had definitions of expert....

EXPERT - an Ex is a has been
and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

ALTERNATE DEFINITION

EXPERT. Someone more than 50 miles from home carrying a briefcase or a computer...

I really really like that second one... ;-)
Support your local hardworking white boy.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 363 times

Re: Concrete fence posts

Post by Brookhill Angus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

pdfangus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am


That’s great!

I only like to work with the best, and FFS gave me the impression that he is an expert in fencing.
He is a expert in fencing.... just like your an expert in black Angus.
Back in the day we had definitions of expert....

EXPERT - an Ex is a has been
and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

ALTERNATE DEFINITION

EXPERT. Someone more than 50 miles from home carrying a briefcase or a computer...
That's actually the definition of a "consultant"
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

Post Reply