CT Help Line

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: CT Help Line

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:43 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:Its quite possible for a person to gain experience without a internet forum. If you have to go to a forum for information, experience, well.......I know a bunch of cattlemen/women who've never turned on a computer. Those, my fellow forum buddies, is how you gain real experience.

I got a lot of experience before the Internet. Cost me a lot of money also. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know you don't know it all but someone out there might have a great answer to the problem. Just have to shut up and listen and learn.

Other than simple ideas, there are too many know it alls in here with very thin skin....Lets see, I learned auction buyers can tell when a calf has been banded or knife cut and will dock a banded calf, but will bid extra on a calf with a belly full of feed that no one seems to pay for and you can only get it in OKC and your calf will only eat it in OKC...Hum..lets see. That a commercial, aka mongrel, cant make you good calves. A sim is still a sim, but a horned Hereford is not a Hereford..lol... so many I cant remember them all, but give me some time and i'll remember..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 pm

See, you had not learned these valuable lessons before you came here. Thanks for admitting your actually learning.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

kenny thomas wrote:See, you had not learned these valuable lessons before you came here. Thanks for admitting your actually learning.

:lol: yeah, I've learned....kind of like how you learn to keep from getting your hand shut in a door...it is learning.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:Its quite possible for a person to gain experience without a internet forum. If you have to go to a forum for information, experience, well.......I know a bunch of cattlemen/women who've never turned on a computer. Those, my fellow forum buddies, is how you gain real experience.

I got a lot of experience before the Internet. Cost me a lot of money also. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know you don't know it all but someone out there might have a great answer to the problem. Just have to shut up and listen and learn.

Other than simple ideas, there are too many know it alls in here with very thin skin....Lets see, I learned auction buyers can tell when a calf has been banded or knife cut and will dock a banded calf, but will bid extra on a calf with a belly full of feed that no one seems to pay for and you can only get it in OKC and your calf will only eat it in OKC...Hum..lets see. That a commercial, aka mongrel, cant make you good calves. A sim is still a sim, but a horned Hereford is not a Hereford..lol... so many I cant remember them all, but give me some time and i'll remember..

Why must you make fun of that which you know shyt about?
Not everything told on these boards is correct but a large percentage is.
Just because you haven't experienced it or learned it or it doesn't take place in your little area of the world doesn't make it wrong.
For someone who makes their whole living on nothing but ranching you sure need to broaden your horizons.
I won't get into the other things but every single thing that was said about the Oklohoma sale by me or the others was correct.
And see I don't have thin skin, I could care less if you make it or not. After all you are a professional rancher and all that so you sure don't need any hobby farmer telling you anything.
I do care if others can learn and do well from what some have already learned. The next guy or girl running 5,000 or 20,000 head might be on here as a 15 year old reading this stuff.
You put it all down as incorrect they might get the wrong idea.
0 x

hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hillbillyhammer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Learned I was splicing barbwire wrong from Fence(too soon to even mention a brimmer pimp?) , and if I have a question about feed TB has probably already covered it on here somewhere
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Dun is spot on.
3 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Red Bull Breeder
GURU
GURU

Postby Red Bull Breeder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Jed you just can't fix stupid.
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”