How to get rid of armadillos?

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Re: How to get rid of armadillos?

Postby TCRanch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Are you kidding me?!? .... it appears as if my arsenal actually attracted the 'dillos.
Dangerously close to going full-blown Caddyshack!

That conjurors up such a hilarious image... :heart: the idea of going 'caddyshack' on 'dillos.

I don't get fired up very often but when I do . . . . :hide:
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:52 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:We filled a dog box with dillos and turned them loose at the drive - in. In Florida you can still sell dillos for $7-10 dollars to the orientals for the time being. Turtles got up to $15 dollars for a small one before the state banned the sale of them. And I hear the state is thinking about banning dillo sales.

They eat them???!!! :shock:
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 pm

TCRanch wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:We filled a dog box with dillos and turned them loose at the drive - in. In Florida you can still sell dillos for $7-10 dollars to the orientals for the time being. Turtles got up to $15 dollars for a small one before the state banned the sale of them. And I hear the state is thinking about banning dillo sales.

Yes Armadillo is actually very good eating. Before we became to highfalutin we ate about anything.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:23 pm

TCRanch wrote:

I think they buy 'em for pets. Back in the days when Hudson, Wi. had a dog track the racing commission also ran an
adoption program for the greyhounds that couldn't make it in racing. The same loving Asian family would come to the
track and adopt one just about every other week. They seemed to favor the bigger, thicker, slower ones.
I imagine by the end of the summer they must have had a whole yard full of 'em.
Don't know where they could've put 'em all. :)
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:03 am

Ahh drive-ins. What a wonderful old American educational/teaching tool. Nostalgic everytime I drive by the old dilapidated Redland on US 59 outside Lufkin.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:02 am

The dillos around here don't tear up much. They root around some in the yard but haven't done near as much damage as my dog. I like watching them at night weird lil creature. The babies are my favorite to watch.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:43 am

wacocowboy wrote:The dillos around here don't tear up much. They root around some in the yard but haven't done near as much damage as my dog. I like watching them at night weird lil creature. The babies are my favorite to watch.

Watching armadillos tear your ground up? Personally I try to kill them all, and their spawn if at all possible.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:19 am

I have to admit they are kind of fun to watch when they rear up on their hind legs. Still hate them, though! We're tearing up the alfalfa field (re-planting with bermuda) and the disc has gone over it twice. Hopeful but not optimistic that will drive them out - preferably to a neighboring field as opposed to migrating north towards the house. :bang:
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:The dillos around here don't tear up much. They root around some in the yard but haven't done near as much damage as my dog. I like watching them at night weird lil creature. The babies are my favorite to watch.

Watching armadillos tear your ground up? Personally I try to kill them all, and their spawn if at all possible.

Like I said they haven't done major damage. My dog has done a lot worse heck I have done worse with the 4wheeler. I think they are neat and fun to watch.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Wait till they find your wife's prize petunia flower bed..you won't think they're so neat and fun when the ruckus dies down..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon May 01, 2017 1:05 am

greybeard wrote:Wait till they find your wife's prize petunia flower bed..you won't think they're so neat and fun when the ruckus dies down..

Wife has the opposite of a green thumb so no prize flowers around here.
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”