How are you moving equipment

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
rjbovine
Cowhand
Cowhand

How are you moving equipment

Postby rjbovine » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Asking how you move equipment between fields . I have 9 small fields of hay that I bale stretching over a 10 mile run . Mostly along a rural highway. Wife was able to help a lot last season . She's working out town this year and won't be near as available this year . Mowing ,tedding , raking and baling . Just a one man show so looking for moving ideas. I have a phobia , I feel like I need to have my truck and tools in the field I'm working in . Hasn't always worked out but prefer it that way . How do you roll ? Thanks Rj
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: How are you moving equipment

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm

I have stuff scattered all over I generally will drive the tractor and cutter where I need it then pull a piece at a time with the truck. Tedder rake baler
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Cucumber35
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Cucumber35 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Same here, usually drive tractor and mower. Sometimes haul rake or tedder on trailer and usually pull baler down the road with truck. Then pull mower back with truck and leave baler hooked to tractor to pull home when finished. Still usually need rides back and forth from somebody though at some points. Can be a pain for sure. I also like to have my truck for tools, fuel, or to run out of the field if needed.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:37 pm

I haul my tractor and baler on the trailer. I never go to a hay field without my truck.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

12251HD
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby 12251HD » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:16 am

I have a heavy duty tow bar that I attach to my farm pickup and drop off for distant fields. Load RTV on trailer for short distances. I try not to be without tools or a ride.
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”