Price of lime

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
rws
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by rws » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:04 pm

dont anybody have a water treatment plant close by they will haul you all the lime you want for free and even spread it themselves i ask the local extension office about this leftover product the water plants have and they said if any thing it was better than regular ag lime i took them the chemical analysis of it cant beat it

Wewild
GURU
GURU

Post by Wewild » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:50 pm

rws wrote:dont anybody have a water treatment plant close by they will haul you all the lime you want for free and even spread it themselves i ask the local extension office about this leftover product the water plants have and they said if any thing it was better than regular ag lime i took them the chemical analysis of it cant beat it

We do. We're in line and have been since last summer.
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Medic24
GURU
GURU

Post by Medic24 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:29 am

Hummm thats something to look into, the water treatment lime, but we have to pay minimum of $85.00 per ton, and it comes bagged,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no bulk producers locally
, and no way to spead it really. Mountain pastures are way too steep. :cboy:
I am poor, but yet I am rich, fore I till the soil......naw....... who am I fooling? I am just plain dirt poor!

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE
GURU
GURU

Post by SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 pm

Well, had the local distributor out todayto show him the place and where I need the lime.He tells me the price has gone up to $35.00 a ton because of diesel prices. :o :( :shock: :x
Mike & LeeAnn Springer
Springer Farms Murray Grey's
http://springerfarms.com/

D Land
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by D Land » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:49 am

The price i was quoted was $28 / ton spread...that was before the most recent jump in fuel prices. I'm located in the north Georgia area.

J Baxter
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by J Baxter » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:36 am

I'm about seventy miles from the quarry...I'll go pick up a dump truckload for $5-6 a ton and the just rent the spreader. Fuel, rent, lime and all around $12 per ton.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE
GURU
GURU

Post by SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:45 pm

J Baxter wrote:I'm about seventy miles from the quarry...I'll go pick up a dump truckload for $5-6 a ton and the just rent the spreader. Fuel, rent, lime and all around $12 per ton.

I talked to a man from Batesville,he said that there #1 lime is $7.00 per ton and #2 lime is $5.00 per ton(not spread). The only difference is that # 2 has been "piled up outside" for a while. I am located in the west central part of the state,and they have to haul the lime further....hence the higher cost (diesel),. :shock: :mad:
Mike & LeeAnn Springer
Springer Farms Murray Grey's
http://springerfarms.com/