- Posts: 5487
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
- Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
- Has thanked: 167 times
- Been thanked: 262 times
We sprigged coastal in late February. And immediately got a dry spell..
It hurt for sure but the following months of rain has surprised me. It varies from almost complete coverage to 30 percent depending on where your at in the field. Still very short but big strong runners out several feet. I overseeded with pure giant Bermuda in April and have a good stand of it as well. Some places very thick and a foot or better. It grows almost straight up from the get go. Then as it lays over starts pegging down and running.
1. Weeds milkweed, broomweed, devilsclaw all easy enough to kill. But would 24d be ok on the young grass. I'm sure the sprigged grass would be fine. But would there be danger of 24d on the two months old seeded grass.
2. Kr bluestem , barnyard grass , and foxtail. These are good grasses , but I want this field to be pure Bermuda as possible. The kr I think will be overcome by fertilizer and mowing, I'm not so sure there's anything I can do to the foxtail and barnyard until next year???
3. At what point should I consider maybe pulling a sharp straight disc over it to cut runners to thicken stand.
You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
- True Grit Farms
- Posts: 9261
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm
- Location: Middle Georgia
- Has thanked: 168 times
- Been thanked: 466 times
- bird dog
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 pm
- Location: Navarro County, Texas
- Has thanked: 57 times
- Been thanked: 71 times
The KR is one of my big problems in my hay meadow as well as my other pastures. I hate the stuff.
- Brute 23
- Posts: 7766
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
- Location: South Texas Gulf Coast
- Has thanked: 62 times
- Been thanked: 64 times
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm
- Location: Central Texas
- Has thanked: 43 times
- Been thanked: 53 times
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman
- Posts: 2194
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:22 pm
- Location: SW OK
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 17 times
I have every grass and weed you can think of.
Idk what to do but the guy that put it in texted me this.
6-8oz of MCPA.
.15oz of ally per acre. Make sure MCPA not MSMA