2019 sale for us

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15074
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 632 times

2019 sale for us

Post by Nesikep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:40 am

Sold the calves.. Did about $4/cwt better than average, $2 less than high

Can see the difference in my calves with how they come into the sale ring.. Most of them fall on their arse, mine mosey in.


What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by sstterry » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:36 am

It is nice when the Auctioneer asks questions directly to you when he is selling them.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14275
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 903 times
Been thanked: 863 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:17 am

Good job Nesi!
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 845 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:38 am

Great.
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

76 Bar
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 pm
Location: South Western Oregon
Has thanked: 307 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by 76 Bar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Congrats Nesi. Impressive facility. Savvy auction companies don't hesitate to communicate with sellers during a sale and especially with those they are familiar with. They are between a rock & hard spot trying to make both seller and buyer happy. Nonetheless frustrating that your roan girlie got singled. :roll:

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15074
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 632 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Nesikep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:15 pm

76 Bar wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:26 pm
Congrats Nesi. Impressive facility. Savvy auction companies don't hesitate to communicate with sellers during a sale and especially with those they are familiar with. They are between a rock & hard spot trying to make both seller and buyer happy. Nonetheless frustrating that your roan girlie got singled. :roll:
well, despite being built like the rest of them, she does look different.. can't blame them for separating her out.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

76 Bar
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 pm
Location: South Western Oregon
Has thanked: 307 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by 76 Bar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:11 pm

I hear ya. Precarious markets make for an over abundance and typically unwarranted buyer nitpicking. That your calves entered the ring calmly and maintained their composure is a testimony to your stockmanship. 8) :tiphat:

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15074
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 632 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Nesikep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:32 pm

76 Bar wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:11 pm
I hear ya. Precarious markets make for an over abundance and typically unwarranted buyer nitpicking. That your calves entered the ring calmly and maintained their composure is a testimony to your stockmanship. 8) :tiphat:
All that time I spend petting them.. well, time well wasted!

Here's the cows coming home this year... you can't tell me they aren't at least kinda happy to get rid of their calves.. the older ones would have learned by now that corralling in the fall time means weaning!
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Luckiamute
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: Oregon
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Luckiamute » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:46 pm

If I'm converting Canadian dollars to U.S. dollars correctly it sounded like you did pretty well overall. Very nice auction yard facility based on the video. The ringman could have used a little help, though! :)

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15074
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 632 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Nesikep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Luckiamute wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:46 pm
If I'm converting Canadian dollars to U.S. dollars correctly it sounded like you did pretty well overall. Very nice auction yard facility based on the video. The ringman could have used a little help, though! :)
Not used to moving slow cattle!
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
bird dog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Navarro County, Texas
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by bird dog » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Great video. I loved the pace of the sale and how they split up your group. Its like slow motion for what is around here. Very nice animals you sold. The buyer will be pleased.

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15074
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 632 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Nesikep » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:25 am

bird dog wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:46 pm
Great video. I loved the pace of the sale and how they split up your group. Its like slow motion for what is around here. Very nice animals you sold. The buyer will be pleased.
there's about 3 volume buyers there.. I know one of the guys always buys the nice looking big calves and he finishes them himself.. big ranch (Coldstream).. Few other guys buy the stuff that's smaller or not so nice, I think some of them get shipped to Alberta and resold
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by TN Cattle Man » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:19 am

Great job Nesi... looks to be a quality sale barn. The one thing I noticed is how quiet it seemed to be compared to ours... were there a lot of buyers there?
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

gcreekrch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by gcreekrch » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:37 pm

I would have thought your calves to be far heavier than they were considering age and birth weights and feed they get.
Vaccinations, cheaper than whiskey. ;-)

User avatar
Banjo
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1221
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Ky
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 2019 sale for us

Post by Banjo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Nesikep wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:32 pm
76 Bar wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:11 pm
I hear ya. Precarious markets make for an over abundance and typically unwarranted buyer nitpicking. That your calves entered the ring calmly and maintained their composure is a testimony to your stockmanship. 8) :tiphat:
All that time I spend petting them.. well, time well wasted!

Here's the cows coming home this year... you can't tell me they aren't at least kinda happy to get rid of their calves.. the older ones would have learned by now that corralling in the fall time means weaning!
The cattle and the scenery looks like something out of Louis La'Mour western :tiphat:

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

Post Reply