baby calves

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

baby calves

Postby rollinhills » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm

I got two baby beef calves we are bottle feeding, had a guy ask me to sell them to him but I really don't have a clue what to ask for them. any idea?
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Re: baby calves

Postby Supa Dexta » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 pm

No age, no breed, no info... 50 bux.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:19 am

I just sold a nice black/white face heifer calf for $109 that was bout 10 days old. The mama was three tited and all the little dumb be nice would sux was the dead tit. I got tired of bottle feeding him every day. I had a bag of first milk, 2cc's of draxon in him, 7-way shot with pinkeye, ear tag, bought a small bag of powder milk medicated for $40 at TSC to save him, hauling to the market. Everybody made money but me, I did save him though (probably came out ahead if he had died.) Take the sell bill out and if they are nice $100 each. If not real nice $50-$75 range. There is not as much money in 4-legged stocks as paper stocks.
Last edited by jltrent on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

rollinhills
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rollinhills » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:31 am

They are angus sired crossbred, two and three weeks old. One is a twin momma only taking care of one got her on a bottle, other cow is old not giving much milk gonna pull him off and ship the old cow. Fixing to move to a new house we just built don’t have a good place to take care of them yet. They are pretty nice calves.
0 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”