Not liking Burger King right now

Discuss the things that affect the cattle industry.
User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4769
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Not liking Burger King right now

Post by HDRider » Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 am

If all goes according to Burger King’s master plan, St. Louis could again serve as a gateway to a new life, this one with less beef in the American diet, which in turn could help reduce the many environmental impacts that raising cattle has on our vulnerable planet. The fast-food chain is testing its Impossible Whopper in the greater metro area here, and if the meatless hamburger proves a success in St. Louis, Burger King will roll out the sandwich to all of its 7,200 locations nationwide.

Such an expansion would make mock-meat hamburgers available in almost every corner of the country, far more available than they are now at smaller chains such as Red Robin, White Castle and Carl’s Jr. Burger King could give millions of Americans who crave a hamburger the option of purchasing one that, unlike the crumbly vegetarian patties of the past, reportedly looks and tastes much more like beef.

“I couldn’t tell the difference, and I was shocked myself,” Harvey said about the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper). She even served one to her husband and son, who couldn’t taste the difference, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vor ... b049a4fc6f


bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12802
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 am

HDRider wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 am
If all goes according to Burger King’s master plan, St. Louis could again serve as a gateway to a new life, this one with less beef in the American diet, which in turn could help reduce the many environmental impacts that raising cattle has on our vulnerable planet. The fast-food chain is testing its Impossible Whopper in the greater metro area here, and if the meatless hamburger proves a success in St. Louis, Burger King will roll out the sandwich to all of its 7,200 locations nationwide.

Such an expansion would make mock-meat hamburgers available in almost every corner of the country, far more available than they are now at smaller chains such as Red Robin, White Castle and Carl’s Jr. Burger King could give millions of Americans who crave a hamburger the option of purchasing one that, unlike the crumbly vegetarian patties of the past, reportedly looks and tastes much more like beef.

“I couldn’t tell the difference, and I was shocked myself,” Harvey said about the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper). She even served one to her husband and son, who couldn’t taste the difference, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vor ... b049a4fc6f
Take your cattleman hat off and put your corporate capitalist hat back on for a moment.

It’s just a business move.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 23818
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by Caustic Burno » Thu May 02, 2019 6:50 am

Thank goodness we wiped out those 60 million buffalo and replaced them with 35 million cattle. We would have already be gone. As TT said it’s a business move by BK a Brazlian outfit as it’s not going to effect the 1.5 billion cattle on the planet.
Now you go to exterminating cattle the same tree hugger will wish you into Hades. No logic in “Cause “people it’s their life and religion.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4769
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by HDRider » Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 am

I am not sure if plant based meat replacement or lab grown cultured meat will win out.

I see the appeal to the marshmallow heads. It makes sense for BK et al to try this.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12802
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am

HDRider wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 am
I am not sure if plant based meat replacement or lab grown cultured meat will win out.

I see the appeal to the marshmallow heads. It makes sense for BK et al to try this.
If they can tie in a perceived health benefit then watch out.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
shaz
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm
Location: Middle Tn
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by shaz » Thu May 02, 2019 8:23 am

One problem people don't understand is what happens when you remove the grazing animal from the land. It doesn't turn into a rain forest. It will first turn to scrub and die. Does that sequester carbon?
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18280
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by greybeard » Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 am
HDRider wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 am
If all goes according to Burger King’s master plan, St. Louis could again serve as a gateway to a new life, this one with less beef in the American diet, which in turn could help reduce the many environmental impacts that raising cattle has on our vulnerable planet. The fast-food chain is testing its Impossible Whopper in the greater metro area here, and if the meatless hamburger proves a success in St. Louis, Burger King will roll out the sandwich to all of its 7,200 locations nationwide.

Such an expansion would make mock-meat hamburgers available in almost every corner of the country, far more available than they are now at smaller chains such as Red Robin, White Castle and Carl’s Jr. Burger King could give millions of Americans who crave a hamburger the option of purchasing one that, unlike the crumbly vegetarian patties of the past, reportedly looks and tastes much more like beef.

“I couldn’t tell the difference, and I was shocked myself,” Harvey said about the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper). She even served one to her husband and son, who couldn’t taste the difference, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vor ... b049a4fc6f
Take your cattleman hat off and put your corporate capitalist hat back on for a moment.

It’s just a business move.
So are lots of things............more/cheaper south-of-the-border imports of all kinds, open borders for immigrants, more imports of less expensive automobiles, moving business overseas and offshore, cheap Mexican and South American beef........

It's just business..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

MO-Ruminants
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:06 am
Location: North Central Missouri
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by MO-Ruminants » Thu May 02, 2019 11:30 am

I'm trying to help...I'm eating cows!

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12802
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 02, 2019 12:07 pm

It's just business. Nothing personal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/beyond-meat-ipo.html
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5190
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by ga.prime » Thu May 02, 2019 1:48 pm

All the Pathobiology and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies scientists going to be looking for a new job.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
pdfangus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4729
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Beaverdam, virginia
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by pdfangus » Thu May 02, 2019 1:52 pm

tHE AFFLUENT WILL STILL BUY FROM THOSE WHO CAN DOCUMENT ALL NATURAL FARM RAISED MEAT.
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12802
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm

pdfangus wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:52 pm
tHE AFFLUENT WILL STILL BUY FROM THOSE WHO CAN DOCUMENT ALL NATURAL FARM RAISED MEAT.
I AGREE BUT WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12802
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu May 02, 2019 3:37 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:48 pm
All the Pathobiology and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies scientists going to be looking for a new job.
Does that mean dim witted Terry will finally go away and stop trolling us?
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by Nesikep » Thu May 02, 2019 4:00 pm

No, Flounder will no doubt keep posting his verbose diatribes here
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5837
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: Not liking Burger King right now

Post by Son of Butch » Thu May 02, 2019 4:45 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 am
HDRider wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 am
the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper).
Take your cattleman hat off and put your corporate capitalist hat back on for a moment.
It’s just a business move.
Consumers vote with their dollars.... whatever they prefer wins.

Note to all the tree huggers:
Millions of vegetables are ripped from the the ground every year, such a pity.
To help combat your outrage and soothe your appetite you can get 2 Arby's roast beef sandwiches for just $5 knowing that unlike Burger King no vegetables were savaged. :tiphat:

Post Reply