COOL ain't coming back

Discuss the things that affect the cattle industry.
flounder
Rancher
Rancher

Re: COOL ain't coming back

Post by flounder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm

TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019

Joint Statement from President Donald J. Trump USA and President Jair Bolsonaro Brazil FOREIGN POLICY BSE TSE Prion aka mad cow disease

https://bseusa.blogspot.com/2019/03/joi ... ald-j.html

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 am

HDRider wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm
Being landlocked fresh seafood is not a choice.

My wife brought home frozen shrimp labeled from Louisiana. She said, and I quote, "I wasn't going to buy shrimp from India!"

It matters.
I was on a Farm road East of Winnie Tx and I stopped at a roadside truck with a hand painted sign proclaiming "Fresh Shrimp!", selling out of 48qt igloo coolers. Didin't look good and smelled a bit rank.
Truck had Wisconsin lic plates and I passed on the shrimp.
I have bought "fresh gulf shrimp' twice... out of our regional store called H-E-B and both times, they had a distinctive iodine smell to them.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:32 am

greybeard wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 am
HDRider wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm
Being landlocked fresh seafood is not a choice.

My wife brought home frozen shrimp labeled from Louisiana. She said, and I quote, "I wasn't going to buy shrimp from India!"

It matters.
I was on a Farm road East of Winnie Tx and I stopped at a roadside truck with a hand painted sign proclaiming "Fresh Shrimp!", selling out of 48qt igloo coolers. Didin't look good and smelled a bit rank.
Truck had Wisconsin lic plates and I passed on the shrimp.
I have bought "fresh gulf shrimp' twice... out of our regional store called H-E-B and both times, they had a distinctive iodine smell to them.
Greybeard, my rule is, if it smells like fish I don't eat it.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Post by HDRider » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 am

Importers pay $1‐per‐head equivalent on all live cattle, beef and beef products imported to the U.S., adding an average of $7.4 million per year to the Beef Checkoff budget between fiscal years 2015-2017 according to Cattlemen’s Beef Board (CBB).

The U.S. is the largest beef importing country according to data from FAS/USDA.

https://www.drivingdemandforbeef.com/un ... ef-imports
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 am

There are cattle production systems in other parts of the world where lean beef can be, and should be, produced as a primary product. Over time, it makes sense for the U.S. to import more of its lean beef while selling more high-value fed beef, both domestically and in the export market.

Considering the entire picture, including the value of all the U.S.-grown beef that goes into the ground beef supply, imported lean beef actually enhances the value of the beef market. In addition, importing lean beef helps beef farmers and ranchers to maximize their competitive advantage of beef production.

Bunch of lies, thanks for all you do NCBA. The NCBA is thanking the importers for the $7.4 Million Beef Checkoff Dollars at the expense of the US cattlemen.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Tue May 14, 2019 11:18 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 am
There are cattle production systems in other parts of the world where lean beef can be, and should be, produced as a primary product. Over time, it makes sense for the U.S. to import more of its lean beef while selling more high-value fed beef, both domestically and in the export market.

Considering the entire picture, including the value of all the U.S.-grown beef that goes into the ground beef supply, imported lean beef actually enhances the value of the beef market. In addition, importing lean beef helps beef farmers and ranchers to maximize their competitive advantage of beef production.

Bunch of lies, thanks for all you do NCBA. The NCBA is thanking the importers for the $7.4 Million Beef Checkoff Dollars at the expense of the US cattlemen.
Considering the entire picture, including the value of all the U.S.-grown beef that goes into the ground beef supply, imported lean beef actually enhances the value of the beef market.

I guess that's one way to rationalize it. Ya know what they say.
'Anything for a buck'...

It's tantamount tho, to throwing the baby out with the bathwater..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.