Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5047
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by hurleyjd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:17 am

https://www.motor1.com/news/392042/ford ... n-edition/

Dealership in Kansas offering a customized work truck for farmers. Would you buy it I would except there would be no storage as in the extended cab where you put things and still cannot find them.


What if Martin Luther King jr's dream had come true.

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5679
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by ga.prime » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:19 pm

It's a five nine five nine nine package, so no.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Atimm693
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by Atimm693 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm

It's a nice idea, the dealer is smart.

A grille guard, wheels and tires, and a leveling kit cost a whole lot less than $6000 though.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15753
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 1217 times
Been thanked: 1474 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm

Atimm693 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm
It's a nice idea, the dealer is smart.

A grille guard, wheels and tires, and a leveling kit cost a whole lot less than $6000 though.
Maybe but you forgot about the decal. That thing was sweet.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15916
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 1383 times
Been thanked: 1090 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by Nesikep » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:36 pm

If they wanted to make a "basics" kinda truck, first thing to do away with are headlights and tail lights that are $300 a piece and put standard 5x7 sealed beams in.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2745
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 612 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by sstterry » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Atimm693 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm
It's a nice idea, the dealer is smart.

A grille guard, wheels and tires, and a leveling kit cost a whole lot less than $6000 though.
Maybe but you forgot about the decal. That thing was sweet.
I have some 3K decals I will sell you!

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15753
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 1217 times
Been thanked: 1474 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 pm

sstterry wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Atimm693 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm
It's a nice idea, the dealer is smart.

A grille guard, wheels and tires, and a leveling kit cost a whole lot less than $6000 though.
Maybe but you forgot about the decal. That thing was sweet.
I have some 3K decals I will sell you!
Rainbow Coalition?
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8649
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Gulf Coast of South Texas
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by Brute 23 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm

If you have to have a sticker that says Cattleman... you ain't no Cattleman. :cowboy:

I like that the dealer is trying to accommodate farmers and ranchers. They made some good calls on the 5.0 vs EcoBoost. A 3/4 with the the big gas motor and a full replacement would be even better. The sticker is nonsense though.

Tires, wheels, leveling kit, tint, bedliner, and grill guard... plus labor from dealer... factoring in you never pay advertised price and they are in the business of making money... that's not a bad price. Doubt many farmers or ranchers bite on it though.
Well, if ranching's so hard, why do we do it?
Because its one be nice of a life, Tate. One be nice of a life.
- John Dutton

I would rather cut off my right arm, than live under tyranny!

User avatar
cfpinz
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5858
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:11 pm
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by cfpinz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 am

I don't understand the draw of the fancy wheels and tires on a "work" truck??? The brush guard, bedliner and leveling kit (maybe) I can understand, though.

Something I found funny: When you go to the dealer's website and look at pics of the truck, it has roll up windows but still has the dash mounted electronic 4wd knob. Personally, I'd rather have power windows and the floor mounted 4wd shifter.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9214
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Central Texas
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by 1982vett » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 am

Don’t have to see more than “f150” before I say NO.... and not because it’s a Ford. Make it at least a 250 before you slap a farm ( or work ) truck label on it. :2cents: :2cents:
Aug 7, 2019 22:51GMT -5 the illustrious potentate said:
Because you have the freedom to say what you think, doesn't always mean that you should.

The right to speak freely is not free of consequences.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15753
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 1217 times
Been thanked: 1474 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:36 am

1982vett wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 am
Don’t have to see more than “f150” before I say NO.... and not because it’s a Ford. Make it at least a 250 before you slap a farm ( or work ) truck label on it. :2cents: :2cents:
That’s true. More payload would be a must.

My truck say Lariat on the side but they doesn’t make me a rope so I better pass on one that says “Rancher”.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5047
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by hurleyjd » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:43 am

1982vett wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 am
Don’t have to see more than “f150” before I say NO.... and not because it’s a Ford. Make it at least a 250 before you slap a farm ( or work ) truck label on it. :2cents: :2cents:
I may have not heard right in the video but I think they said they could also do a F250 version also.
What if Martin Luther King jr's dream had come true.

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9214
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Central Texas
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by 1982vett » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:00 am

hurleyjd wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:43 am
1982vett wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 am
Don’t have to see more than “f150” before I say NO.... and not because it’s a Ford. Make it at least a 250 before you slap a farm ( or work ) truck label on it. :2cents: :2cents:
I may have not heard right in the video but I think they said they could also do a F250 version also.
Would be brain dead if they didn’t. :2cents: I’m sure their is a market for single cab half ton trucks but it probably is more likely to be commercial rather than farm and ranch. Even then...I have friends that started their own construction company and bought half ton trucks for everyone. It was during the $4 gas era, but within a few years they were back in 3/4 ton trucks.

I bought a near wore out truck last year for the sole purpose to pull trailers. Probably won’t ever get much over 50 miles from home and I don’t need a luxury land yacht for that. Would like to update my 15 year “go to town” Toyota Tundra, but I want something flashier for that. :cboy: :lol:
Aug 7, 2019 22:51GMT -5 the illustrious potentate said:
Because you have the freedom to say what you think, doesn't always mean that you should.

The right to speak freely is not free of consequences.

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 514 times
Been thanked: 579 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by jltrent » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 am

I like the ideal of a work truck without all the bells and whistles.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2745
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 612 times

Re: Ford F150 Farmers Work Truck

Post by sstterry » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 pm
sstterry wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm


Maybe but you forgot about the decal. That thing was sweet.
I have some 3K decals I will sell you!
Rainbow Coalition?
For 3k I will make them say whatever you want. No judgments here....

Post Reply