Gooseneck trailer

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:02 pm

jltrent wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:53 pm
I have this one as it lets a lot of air in, but is all I need.. It is 20' long and I usually load it not over 7k as I would rather make two trips as to stuff. I gave $6500 for it and when I got it home I took one of the back brake drums off and the pads are probably 75% or more..

Image
About how many cows fit in there?



User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 617 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by sstterry » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Regular cows or Brookhill cows? :tiphat:

User avatar
Boot Jack Bulls
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: NW WI
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Boot Jack Bulls » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:08 am

Bright Raven wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:46 pm
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:15 pm


I am not going to use it anyway. I just like looking at it. I might pull it around on holidays.
LOL! Are you sure you're not attempting to fit in the show ring crowd? Seriously though, I'm sure you will care for it well and not beat it to shyte, so it should hold up just fine for you. Keep it clean when not in use, splurge for an occasional acid bath, and don't over-load it!
I have a relatively light duty need for a trailer. Mostly delivery of one or two head, all on good surface. That is why I went with the 16 foot.

I would like to ask you, is there anything that I should use to protect the floor? Is the acid bath a protectant?
Just wash it when you are done with it. Urine and fecal residue will corrode aluminum if left to sit. A good acid bath just takes of scum and road grime. Up here, since they salt roads with brine during the winter, acid is a must to remove the salt residue.
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

User avatar
midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Middle TN
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by midTN_Brangusman » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:51 am

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:08 am
Bright Raven wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:46 pm
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:23 pm

LOL! Are you sure you're not attempting to fit in the show ring crowd? Seriously though, I'm sure you will care for it well and not beat it to shyte, so it should hold up just fine for you. Keep it clean when not in use, splurge for an occasional acid bath, and don't over-load it!
I have a relatively light duty need for a trailer. Mostly delivery of one or two head, all on good surface. That is why I went with the 16 foot.

I would like to ask you, is there anything that I should use to protect the floor? Is the acid bath a protectant?
Just wash it when you are done with it. Urine and fecal residue will corrode aluminum if left to sit. A good acid bath just takes of scum and road grime. Up here, since they salt roads with brine during the winter, acid is a must to remove the salt residue.

BJB, do you mix your own acid or take it somewhere?

User avatar
Boot Jack Bulls
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: NW WI
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Boot Jack Bulls » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:12 am

midTN_Brangusman wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:51 am
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:08 am
Bright Raven wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:46 pm


I have a relatively light duty need for a trailer. Mostly delivery of one or two head, all on good surface. That is why I went with the 16 foot.

I would like to ask you, is there anything that I should use to protect the floor? Is the acid bath a protectant?
Just wash it when you are done with it. Urine and fecal residue will corrode aluminum if left to sit. A good acid bath just takes of scum and road grime. Up here, since they salt roads with brine during the winter, acid is a must to remove the salt residue.

BJB, do you mix your own acid or take it somewhere?
Both lol! The fancy show trailer just got a professional detailing done for the fall, it won't see the highway again until we head to Denver in January. Regular stock trailers get an acid bath at home a couple of times a year, pressure washed and interior bleach soaking after every run.
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

littletom
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: southern Ky
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by littletom » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:39 pm

We have a 24' gooseneck brand pipe trailer. For weaning I haul everything home very short trips. Last week we put 12 big spring calving cows on each load. If go far 10 would be a nice load. I like to haul 15 750 calves to a load. Imho 24 is the right size for a farmer. With a crew cab or cab and half you can still get in most anywhere. 3 cuts is awesome over 2. With a straight cab truck 28 would still handy i guess.

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 pm

littletom wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:39 pm
We have a 24' gooseneck brand pipe trailer. For weaning I haul everything home very short trips. Last week we put 12 big spring calving cows on each load. If go far 10 would be a nice load. I like to haul 15 750 calves to a load. Imho 24 is the right size for a farmer. With a crew cab or cab and half you can still get in most anywhere. 3 cuts is awesome over 2. With a straight cab truck 28 would still handy i guess.
I got a deal on a 24 at trailer place 24x6 for 2500 it was a trade in this week and going to prolly buy it tomorrow lights work needs a paint job but it’s useable

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Image

Image

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 617 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by sstterry » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:59 am

That is a really good price for a 24'!

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:39 pm

sstterry wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:59 am
That is a really good price for a 24'!

Image

Image

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:26 pm

I want to get the inside of my trailer redone with new wood. Any advice on how and what’s best way to do it. It’s a 1999 never been replaced still useable as is but would want to modernize it lol.

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:26 pm
I want to get the inside of my trailer redone with new wood. Any advice on how and what’s best way to do it. It’s a 1999 never been replaced still useable as is but would want to modernize it lol. How much does it cost for new wood and people to do it for you. 24x6’8

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5053
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by hurleyjd » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:39 am

Bfields30 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Bfields30 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:26 pm
I want to get the inside of my trailer redone with new wood. Any advice on how and what’s best way to do it. It’s a 1999 never been replaced still useable as is but would want to modernize it lol. How much does it cost for new wood and people to do it for you. 24x6’8
Go by Temple Trailer Sales and check with Larry Joe. Location a few miles south of Sulphur Springs on Highway 154
What if Martin Luther King jr's dream had come true.

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:58 am

hurleyjd wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:39 am
Bfields30 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Bfields30 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:26 pm
I want to get the inside of my trailer redone with new wood. Any advice on how and what’s best way to do it. It’s a 1999 never been replaced still useable as is but would want to modernize it lol. How much does it cost for new wood and people to do it for you. 24x6’8
Go by Temple Trailer Sales and check with Larry Joe. Location a few miles south of Sulphur Springs on Highway 154
thanks will do

Bfields30
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Gooseneck trailer

Post by Bfields30 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 pm

How much of difference is 24x6 vs 24 x7 fitting cows

Post Reply