A And A

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
bigbruh
Cowhand
Cowhand

A And A

Postby bigbruh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Anyone have any experience with a and a scale kits. Any pros or cons. The price is intriguing.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Re: A And A

Postby bball » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Bought a set up a couple years ago. Very pleased for my purposes and the price was very reasonable.
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 pm

I have looked at them for a couple years. Never have bit the bullet and bought a set yet. Sure would be nice. When you see your calves everyday it's hard to till if there growing
0 x

bigbruh
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby bigbruh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Will deep unistrut be strong enough to be used as a framing material for the load bars? I think it is 3 1/4" thick.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:49 am

bigbruh wrote:Will deep unistrut be strong enough to be used as a framing material for the load bars? I think it is 3 1/4" thick.

I used 1" square stock to frame up a rectangle 8 foot by 27"(with supports in the middle) then covered with plate steel for the platform. It's heavy, but sturdy. Load bar on each corner. Couple coats of primer. Held up well so far.
There's a link okn here from a while back that may have more info and a pic. Will see if I can find and link it.
0 x
-Anais Nin

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:16 am

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98123&start=15

The A&A is definitely a cheap scale compared to the more expensive, higher quality ones out there, but for my purposes, have held up well so far and been quite accurate when compared to local scales.
0 x
-Anais Nin

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:15 am

Have a platform made of 3" C channel, have weighed 2k with it.
0 x

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bird dog » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:37 am

A & A folks will do everything they can to help you but they are really just sellers of Chinese components. Saying that, most of the components are pretty good value for the price but if you are going to use the scale a lot and plan on using it for a number of years, i would pay more for a better quality set like Tru-Test. My A & A have trouble locking on to a nervous animal and the readout devise has to be rebooted if not used for a few months.

I have a set of both and have real confidence that the Tru-Test will work and be accurate. Not so much from the set I bought from A & A and put on my home made platform. It also helps that the Tru Test are under the chute which to me is by far the way to go if your set up allows it.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”