Deal or Dud

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Deal or Dud

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:50 am

Dud. It can be difficult on some implements, but there's not $4-500 of convenience there. Possibly for an elderly person???? Idk
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:03 am

Bigfoot wrote:Dud. It can be difficult on some implements, but there's not $4-500 of convenience there. Possibly for an elderly person???? Idk

For us "elderly/weak" persons, the ratchet strap is the only way I can hook up most anything, even the brus hog with it's lighter constructed connector.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Only one that have given me trouble were usually dirty or some thing from people letting the slide off in the dirt. I tie the ujoints to the equipment so they don't slide in the dirt, keep the latch, tractor, and pto shaft clean, and pour oil on them like a high lift jack. They slide on pretty smooth.

The batwing is the heaviest to maneuver but it has a bracket that holds the shaft up above the tongue. That bracket leans forward and back. After I hook the shredder to the tractor (pin and hydraulics) I grab the bracket with my right hand and the joints with my left. When you pull on the bracket with your right hand the shaft moves toward the tractor. If it's not lined up I spin the ujoints with my left hand (best if wings are down already) and pull on the bracket with my right hand. The shredder shaft will slide on a little ways with the latch not pulled back. No sue trying to oull the latch back if your not lined up. Once the shafts are lined up keep pressure with you right hand and slide the latch back with your left hand. It slides right on.

IMO people screw up by trying to pull the latch back at the same time when they are trying to stab the pto shaft to the tractor.

Never do it with 2 people. Your asking for pinched fingers and POed people.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:50 pm

DUD I could have had the shaft hooked up the regular way just as fast and felt a lot better about it being fastened securely
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:27 pm

not worth the added $$$$ imo.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”